27: Power

|Natalie|

Confusion.

That is what floods my senses as I look around the battle field and see no none battling, but instead the are kneeling and positioned in my direction. I look in Max's direction where I see him in shock but then content when we make eye contact. A smile or a smirk crosses his face as he kneels too.

I didn't understand this feeling that overcame me, belonging. My wolf knew her position the moment Max declared me his mate, but it took myself the human half to understand our role, position, and importance to the pack. Now that I have established this feeling my wolf and I are now stronger since my recognition. No one will dare cross a Luna queen who is keen on her responsibilities and power.

Spinning around, I see Desmond's pack kneeling. In respect, recognizing their queen, but in a way, feared. I have just killed their Luna, they are most likely wondering if they will follow the same fate. Or may the follow the fate of their Alpha.

I smirk at that, pure joy to see an enemies on pack kneeling down to me, cowards. Cowards, they are just like their Alpha.

Stepping over the body of Sophia I walk towards my pack. Max's head raises and he calls for something to cover my body. Once in his arms that wrap around my neck, he whispers softly.

"I thought you were going to die," he whispers.

As did I.

Pulling away, he allows me to shift back to my human body and cover myself with the robe. My body goes into shock when his hands cup my face and kisses me. It's a soft and tender kiss full of emotion. He pulls away swiftly before looking me dead in the eyes and smiles.

"I love you," he confesses.

My eyes widen and my wolf howls in approval as those same words leave my mouth as well, "I love you, too."

Did I truly have feeling for him? Do I truly love him? I didn't allow those words to leave my mouth but it was all true, I loved him. Yes, I love him. It felt weird to say it aloud, but the fear of rejection wasn't there because he confessed first.

He lets out a sigh, more of relieved sigh. His hands cup my cheeks again and pulls me in for another kiss. I could hear the pack cheering behind us, the excitement of finally having a Luna and a Queen. Not only that but the bond is almost complete but the pack's strength is complete. The pack is now stronger with a Luna.

One threat was terminated now we need to rid of the other one, Desmond. Thankfully they did not mate as they would have been harder to defeat.

"What are we going to do about them," I ask and motion to what is left of Desmond's pack.

"They have a decision to make. Join another pack, nominate a new alpha, or become rogues. It is their decision. I already have an idea of what it will be, but they have a few days to discuss their choice as a pack," Max tells. "It will be a difficult one for sure."

"Of course it will be. They are deciding the future of their pack without a clear leader."

"And that is why an Alpha will be come through. There is always a leader in decision making and they will make it known during this process. It is the fate the Moon Goddess has put into play."

We cannot deny it or run it from our destiny the Moon Goddess has chosen for us. It is set in stone from the moment we are born. It is impossible to change as she has looked at every possibilities and paths we may chose to take.

Although many do not have a strong connection with our Moon Goddess, I do. Some wolves completely disregard her and do not believe she exists or she has the power over our decisions. Which is somewhat bizarre to me, I understand where they are coming from. Yet, how can you disregard her existence when her daughter walks with us here on earth.

Today we saw how there was two paths for me to chose, allow my self to die at her hands or fight. Either way both destines were thought of and only one was going to play out, it all depended on what decision I made at that point in time.

Now it is up to this leaderless pack to decide their fates and be guided to the right one. An alpha will emerge during this period of confusion and lostness. He will guide them in the right direction in which the past Alpha as unable to do. Blinded by revenge and jealously, that is not what an alpha is. An alpha puts his pack above his own selfish needs. I am sure this alpha will. After, the new alpha will take his seat on the council and they will regain the respect the once had. I am sure of it.

"Until they have decided their path I will have a camp set up for them. I have to approve this decision and help with the relocation if they chose that option. I do not want them to leave this territory until so, so make sure they are watched," Max orders.

"Understood," Ryder responds.

Max's hand rests on the small of my back as he guides me off the battle field and back to the mansion. "I believe it is time to start making arrangements for our ceremonies," he teases.

"Agreed." I smile.

~~~

Hello all! How is everyone? I hope you enjoyed this update! I am now three weeks into my spring semester and thankfully is seems easier since I have all live online classes, which is a lot of help instead of reading a text book.

Just a little update sadly the blood has retuned when Brownie pees so he is getting medicine again. He hates it (sorry, Brownie). Lol he hates me. Hopefully it doesn't return. We have no history on his life prior to the rescue taking him in. Which is a shame.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful rest of their week!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans