13: The King

|Maxwell|

I stood at the front door of the palace waiting for the arrival of Natalie. I was becoming nervous since she was a little late. People now know I am king and people have seen the photos of Natalie and I together. They know she is my mate and know she is queen. I don't know why I tried to hide it, I should've known people weren't dumb. I should've known people would've connected the dots eventually. I'm scared some crazy fan girls are going to hurt her.

Just as I was in a frantic the door opened and Natalie walked in. She smiles as she laid the jacket on the bench in the foyer. A weight was lifted off my chest when I saw her step in and unharmed.

"Where were you! You had me worried sick," I tell.

Natalie just smirks and bops my nose. "Sorry, babe, I can't control traffic."

"I thought something happened to you!"

"Why must your mind always jump to the worse case scenario. I'm fine. I'm here alive and breathing. No one hurt me."

"I know you are. Just please keep me up to date if something like that happens again."

She laughs. "It's cute when you are worried and protective."

"Well, I have to be! People know you are queen and being out like that can put you in harms way. When are you moving in anyways? I want you here and protected."

"Soon, Rowan found a roommate. I'm moving out at the end of the month."

I groan. That's too long! Goddess, I'm like an impatient child with this women. I just want her safe within the palace walls. I want her here before I officially announce her arrival so I don't have to do a rushed one. I don't want the people to find out before it's official. I want her here when I announce it so she isn't in harms way. I know my enemies will come after her if they know she isn't under my protection.

"Stop being impatient. I'm a strong wolf, I can protect myself."

"I know. I just want you here, where you belong."

"Soon." She looks around before asking, "why am I here anyway?"

"Today we are sentencing Desmond."

She is the one to groan.

"Sorry, love. It needs to be done and since you are queen you need to sit in on the trial of a traitor."

"Alright."

My hand slips around hers and he guides her to the chamber. Desmond already sat at a desk with his hands cuffed to the wooden surface. His attorney sat next to him sitting through the papers in his brief case.

|Natalie|

I follow Max to the council seats and take a seat beside him. Beside us sat the council members. Today Max would decide the fate of this weasel and I hope it's nothing short of long and painful. It's what he deserves.

"You are all called here today to witness the sentencing of Alpha Desmond. His chargers are breaking his oath and harassing the Queen," Maxwell booms.

I couldn't help the smirk that found its way to my face. He deserves everything coming for him, he's deserved it for a long time. He's broken many rules before this trial and hurt so many people. He's a horrible person and and a bad excuse for an alpha.

"How does your client answer these charges," Max asks.

The lawyer stands. "Not guilty," he tells.

I roll my eyes. Murmurs and gasps filled the room hearing his answer. I wasn't shocked hearing this, he wants a trial, but he also is a cocky little shit.

"Did you, or did you not openly admit to me that you told Natalie I was the king."

"In a way I didn't," Desmond barks.

"But you did tell, how else would Natalie know?"

"Somebody else told her, clearly. She wants me gone since I rejected her! Isn't it obvious."

The whole room broke out in laughter.

"Then who did it? She brought you with her when she came to confront me. You seemed very scared when she did." He sighs, "as much as you want to plea not guilty, you are. I don't have time for a while trial because everyone including myself know how guilty you are."

"By law you have to-" his lawyer starts to state.

"I am the law," Max growls.

There was challenge in Desmond's eyes as he smirked. He rose from the bench. "I Alpha Desmond, challenge you Alpha Maxwell King of werewolves," Desmond spoke clearly.

"You are in no place to challenge me, boy. You are a criminal and facing time."

"Your majesty," a member whispers. "You have to accept his challenge, no matter his position."

I had an unsettling feeling in my stomach. By the smirk on Desmond's face I knew he had something up his sleeve. Whatever he had planned for Max wasn't good and I fear for Maxwell's life. As Max stood there proud and strong, I felt sick to my stomach and like I was going to pass out or something. As the king and an alpha he will never show his true emotions in public eye, but behind closed doors he will.

I jump when a hand surrounds mine, reassuringly. Looking up I see it is my father who is looking out towards the court, trying not to make it obvious.

"He'll be fine," dad mouths.

~~~

Oh shit, I am so sorry. I thought I uploaded this last weekend with The Prophecy of The Death Alpha. I am so sorry for that! Sorry for the wait, I didn't realize till Friday and deiced to wait till Sunday to upload. Once, again I am so sorry for that inconvenience!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! And a safe Halloween for those who celebrate it!

~Becca, The Queen Of Beans