22: Emails

|Natalie|

Gossip, gossip is all that floated around the pack. I hate rumors and gossip and they do nothing but harm people and possibly disturb their lives. Yet, no one cares what harm they do that individual, but only what the gain from spreading it. That's what Maxwell and I were experienced. Desmond and his allies were spreading rumors about the royal family and pack. How they've been wanting to destroy Desmond and this is all a cover up to rid of his pack and position on the council. I though was the one receiving the death threats since I am the one who caused all this.

Well that's what some are saying. If I never stepped foot into the palace none of this would have happened. Sadly, I am starting to believe this. My wolf keeps saying that this isn't my fault and we shouldn't listen. I can't help but let the guilt eat away at me.

As I scroll through my emails Maxwell walks in. His eyes sparking as he sets down the lunch on the bed.

"What are you looking at, my love," he asks and nuzzles his face in my neck before his eye of evert to the screen. "No! I told you to stop looking at those emails. They mean nothing. They are nothing but low lives who want to hurt you. Look at you and the impact they are having on you."

I wipe away a tear.

He turns my face towards him, cupping my face. "You are my queen and they mean nothing! You are their higher up and they feel better about themselves when they hurt you."

"I know. I- I just can't help it. You know?"

He nods. "I understand. As king though you can't make everyone happy and you must live with that. It's a difficult choice and I do it everyday. I worry if I made the right choice for my people."

"I do want disappoint them. I want to be a wonderful queen and not your downfall or mistake."

He chuckles. "You are neither. You are actually my strength. You provide me strength and reassurance when I am unsure as I am doing for you now. You are my consort and queen. My mate and my love, don't forget that."

I smile through my now drying tears.

"Now I want you to delete all those emails and forgot about them. They are jealous and full of hate and her a high off of being mean to others. I will address these death threats though and my go through with some charges."

"No-"

"They threatened your life. It's not like they were sending you hateful messages, no these were thrash on your life which are seen as offenses and I will not allow it."

"Okay."

"Good, now please close your computer and enjoy your lunch." He kisses my forehead before his eyes shift to his meal. His eyes lighting up at the soup, salad, and sandwich.

Although I put the laptop down and delivered those emails, the words still haunted me. I was scared that my life was in danger. Yes, they are empty promises and the warriors won't let them past. Yet, I couldn't help but feel the anxiety consuming me. Like I needed to watch my back and most emails came from Desmond's pack. Of course. That pack isn't allowed to set foot onto our territory, so I felt a sudden wave of reassurance.

My fear was obviously in the threats but also an uprise. I didn't know if the packs will retaliate and cause a rebellion. We have our allies and he has his, but at the end of the day they are all loyal to us. Going against us would be an act of a civil war if siding with Desmond. I don't know if they'll stay loyal to us or to him.

Either way we have a war on our hands to prepare for and it is all my fault. I can't help but think if I never came into Max's life he wouldn't have to deal with this. Yet again, it doesn't matter when I came into his life since Desmond would've still started this problem. Max would drop everything if it meant to protect me. He doesn't care what he has to risk to keep me safe and my name clear. He would put up with that shit when people disgrace my name.

"Baby, you haven't touched your food. I swear if you are still thinking about those emails," Max says.

"No- no, I'm not."

He gives me a look. "I know you are. Baby, once we win this war and this is all in the past, no one will bother you again. They'll respect you and those who don't will have to face me."

This man. He has my whole heart.

~~~

So sorry for this late and short update. College is slowly killing me and sadly my guinea pig passed away. Hopefully this week the guinea pig we want to adopt is cleared by the vet to be adopted.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Stay safe!

~Becca, The Queen Of Beans