38: By Royal Decree

|Natalie|

The days to follow were quite trying. Ryder and my father have been really helpful. The assassin was taken into custody and also put into the prison. He was placed on the same high alert as Desmond, but on a completely different side so they couldn't communicate.

"Your majesty, the prisoner has awoken. You said you wanted to speak with him once he woke up," Ryder tells.

"Wonderful," I say as I get up from my chair.

Ryder looks at his best friend and he frowns. "How is he?"

"He's been doing good. He is improving. His wolf is active the doctor said that is good. He is on track to possibly waking up soon if his wolf is awake and communicating with me."

"I'm happy to hear his condition is improving. I hate seeing him laid up, it is unlike him."

"I know. It's hard to look at him like this. I don't want to leave him. I'm afraid if I leave him, he'll wake up."

"Don't worry. He'll understand. He'll be proud of you once he wakes up seeing the amount of work you've taken on. Not to mention you are holding the pack together during this rough time. He'll be proud seeing you take this roll seriously."

"I hope, I'm demanding a vacation once he is able to work. I've done enough work for a life time."

Ryder chuckles and leads me out of the hospital and to the prison. Down a long hallway and to a staircase where the most dangerous and worst are kept. Like Desmond and his hired assassin.

I was making my rounds and stopped at Desmond's cell first. He'll be executed tomorrow morning along side the assassin.

Once I arrive at Desmond's cell, he smirks when he sees I'm standing before him.

"Ah, my lovely mate, what can I do for you," He asks.

"You will address me by your majesty or Queen Natalie as I am not your mate, therefore you do not have the privilege to call me your mate. If you fail to address me as such you'll face the consequences. Am I clear?"

"Crystal, my love."

I only shake my head a crouch down so I can talk to him. "You'll die tomorrow."

"And so will you once Maxwell dies, you won't be able to handle his death."

"I hate to break it you, but Max won't be dying anytime soon. Tomorrow morning the assassin and yourself will just see the morning sun. You will die and you can't sweet talk yourself out of it."

"I won't be dying tomorrow morning, I am the King!"

"You are delusional, you are not the King as Maxwell is not dead and you cheated. Therefore you aren't the King because you broke the rules and attempted to kill the King. The werewolf population wouldn't have accepted you anyways. You know how we are, you cheated so they won't follow you. If you won fairly, that'd be different, but you didn't."

He laughs.

"I hope you rot in the deepest and hottest part of the afterlife where you'll suffer for all eternity with your mate, who may I add rejected you."

A low snarl leaves his lips, breaking the facade of a strong Alpha he put up. I can see right through that mask and tear it down within seconds. I am not in the mood for games right now. I wish I could kill him right now, but I want the entire world to see me out an end to this monster. To show I am fit to be queen and the monarchy is no one to mess with.

"I hope you enjoy your last day on earth. Oh wait, you can't. You are locked up in the cell you've been locked up in for the past month."

He snarls once again as I leave his cell, yeah that's gonna scare me. I follow Ryder down the other end where the assassin's cell is. He was a tall and well built man who was as pale as a piece of paper. He had an abnormal hair color with hazel eyes and scares all over the exposed skin.

"Your name," I bark.

He raises his head slowly and his eyes widen. "Damn, so you're the Queen," he murmurs and whistles.

"I am and I am demanding you give me your name."

"Sorry, your Majesty, but I can't do that."

"You can and you will. Your Queen is ordering you."

"How's the hubby? Still kicking? I was aiming for the heart but he moved and it went into his back," he remembers. "Have they found an antidote for it?"

"They have and yes, he's alive. In fact he should be waking up soon, so your job was a failure."

He chuckles. "Damn what a shame. You are a beautiful young lady and doesn't deserve to be tied to such a family."

"Look, I don't respect your tone and I am not here to be hit on. I am here ordering you and you are refusing to answer my questions."

He slides over to the bars and bears his canines. "Look here, queenie, I answer to no one. My job was to kill your husband. I failed. So what? I just won't get paid, but it brings me pride in knowing I injured him."

I smirk and get in his face as well, "you know what else? Tomorrow you'll be killed. You'll just see the sun peak over the horizon before you are executed for your crimes."

~~~

Hello everyone! This is just one of the updates for this week. My spring semester ended on Tuesday and I start my summer class on May 17. I am doing public speaking in the summer to get it done and over with. Also so I don't have to do it in front of people. Lol it makes my anxiety bad.

But, yeah, hopefully I can get the second update out by Saturday! So be on the look out for that. Also when I publish chapter 35, I'll also be posting the first two or three chapters of their sons book!

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend and happy Mother's Day to the mom's out there!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans