11: The Oath

|Natalie|

I adjust myself and making myself look nice for whoever Maxwell has a meeting. That got a little hot for only knowing this man for a few days. I didn't mind it though, it is what my wolf wanted. It's what I wanted too. After Desmond rejected me my wolf has been searching for her companion and soulmate. I catch her fantasying over how our life would be once we found him. Let's just say he is everything she has dreamed of and more.

Maxwell takes my hand and walks down the corridor and into his office. He made sure I was hidden behind him till the door shut. I was curious who it was and why I was to stay behind him.

"Alpha Nathan," Maxwell's voice grumbles.

"My king," Dad addresses Max.

"Before we start I do have a surprise for you."

He steps aside revealing me. Dad's smile is wide and joyful as he walks to me and takes me into his arms.

"How have you been, my daughter," dad asks.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry about your bother," I whisper.

"Sadly we all knew this day was to come and I'd have to step up. He didn't have any children, so it was bound to happen."

I nod, understandingly.

"So what are you doing here? Why are you hanging around with the king," he teases.

I rub the back of my neck. "You see, he is my mate."

Dad glares over my shoulder and at the king who seems to have lost his confidence. He seemed to be a little nervous, it is different when you are meeting your mate's parents for the first time. Right now he is not being seen as the king, but as his daughter's mate and as a father he is very protective. He almost killed Desmond when he heard of the rejection. His head almost came off his body how furious he was.

"Don't worry, dad, he is my true mate. Unlike Desmond he needs me," I tell.

"Are you sure he is your true mate?"

I nod. "Trust me, dad. He is and he won't hurt me."

He crossed his arms. "Fine, but if he has one little slip up-"

"I know and he won't, I think you already scared him though," I laugh.

Straightening himself out, Maxwell waits for us to be done. I could tell he was getting a little impatient with us and our conversation.

"I can assure you, Nathan I will take good care of your daughter. Now may we please carry on with the oath? We have a lunch scheduled for you once we are done," Max tells.

"Yes! Of course! I am so sorry, its been a while since I've seen my daughter," Dad explains.

"You are fine."

Dad sighs. "Whenever you are ready, you majesty."

"Right hand in the air."

He follows direction.

"Now, repeat after me, I Alpha Nathan promise to server under my king and queen with the intent to serve, advise my king, be the voice of reason, and to be trustworthy and loyal. And most importantly I will never revel the identity of the King. As the right hand of the king I will serve to the best of my abilities."

His words are repeated and sworn in to the new adviser.

"Who are we going to replace Desmond with," I ask.

Max shrugs not knowing what to do either. "Well, my advisers are also the ambassadors to that side of the realm so I'll need a trustworthy Alpha from there."