1: The Alpha's To Mark

|Alpha Maxwell|

Slowly I've been losing hope on finding my mate and not just any mate. My true mate. Yes as an alpha I'm granted many mates, but none have been my true mate. Not yet. You see a true mate is special to their mates, the reason to fight and die for them. The true mate, makes my wolf cry at night since we have yet to find her. A true mate is the most beautiful wolf we'll see. Only see beauty in her, only be attracted to her. When we touch sparks will emit from it. True mates are rare this day in age.

Many find their true mate, but they reject them since they are their weakness. This mate is the one chosen by the goddess, hand picked specifically for them. We can hand pick our own, but they'd never match the moon goddesses doing. She knows what she's doing, she knows who is good for us. Fate as she calls it.

I want her by my side as luna, alpha female. I want her to bare me children. I want her to be the one I hold tightly at night when I fall asleep. I want her to be the last person I see at night and the first in the morning.

Sitting on the werewolf council I have the power to take her or challenge whoever put a claim on her. Yes, other wolves can do this, but I have more authority and right to do it on their land. I have the right to walk on their land and challenge for her.

Hell, when I find her I'm going to sink my canines into her sweet neck and pronounce her as my Luna. My equal, my mate, my love, my partner, and most importantly the true Luna.

I've waited for her ever since I was a little boy. My true mate. True mates are hard to find. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

"Alpha, sir. Your mother is here," a maid pokes her head in.

"Thank you, please tell her to come up," I ask.

"Yup."

My mother walks in, she really doesn't look fifty three. She looks thirty. She flattens her dress as she sits and smiles at me.

"My son, you have grown handsomely. You got your looks from me and your authority from your father," she smiles.

"Mama, I'm sorry for the lack of visiting. With Uncle Albert threatening to take my spot as Alpha if I don't find my true mate and the new hotel opening-"

"I know, I understand. I just came to check on you. Also I brought you lunch. Being Alpha is hard. You probably forget to eat."

I look down at my muscular frame. Right. I am getting hungry though. I love when she brings lunch with her.

"What you got this week?"

Her eyes glitter in excitement as she grabs seven plastic containers from her bag. "I brought enough for the both of us. I miss going out with you."

"I know, Mom. Once everything dies down, we'll go out more. I promise."

"Good."

She pulls out two BLT's, salads, pasta, burritos, some snacks, and my favorite growing up corn on the cob with mash potatoes. Also she pulls out two tiramisu with lemonade.

"How is the mate hunting going? I want grand pups!"

"Working on it. I know she is out there. I can promise you pups in the future."

She giggles, "pups to spoil!"

"How's dad?"

"Annoying."

"Always good to hear."

"I'm surprised I haven't killed your father. I been with him for twenty nine."

I smirk, "I hope I have a lasting relationship like that."

She laughs, "so do I. So do I."

After our meal and conversation wrapped up, I had someone show her to a guest room for the night. She wanted to come to the hotel opening tomorrow and I didn't want her traveling again. She loves sleepovers as she calls them.

I have many things to tend to, but I wasn't in the mood. With my uncle threatening to take my place as alpha if I don't get my true mate is always on my mind. I think he did this to set me up for failure. He doesn't think I'll be able to find her. He knows how how hard it is to find a true mate, hence the deal he made. I know I'm going to find her. Dad found mom after all.

~~~
First chapter is a little slow and a little short, but I promise the next update will pick up and it'll be longer. I'll be updating some time next week.

Natalie will be introduced in the next chapter and a little bit about herself with be revealed.

How are you liking the book so far?

The whole true mates thing?

Alpha Maxwell?

Have a wonderful rest of your week.

~Becca, the queen of beans