7: The Past

|Natalie|

1 year ago

A few years ago I met Alpha Desmond at a festival in honor of the Moon Goddess descending from her realm. This event happens every year to signify the New Year. It happens a week before the humans New Year. It goes for that entire week and on the eve of the event we all stay awake and see if we'll be the lucky pack this year for her to land once it completes. If she lands in your pack it is a sign of good luck for the year. The day after is a celebration of a successful descent and there is drinking and partying.

It is a big deal, especially since her daughter is said to be of age to make her own descent and join us on earth.

Okay, so I met Desmond at one of these events. I was attending school in his pack and I bumped into him. He was charming and a smooth talker when we first met, romantic. I thought I loved him and we were about to ask the Moon Goddess to bless our pairing, but I am happy he showed his true colors before then.

As the years went on he become cold and didn't give me the time of day. I was feeling lonely and obviously he didn't care for me as he did when we first met. I saw him on the training fields with other females, flirting with them. I knew I wasn't the only female he had in his life, but when he'd come around he'd make it seem like it. I mean, all females want to feel like that and especially if it is an Alpha. Yet, deep down I knew he was using me and manipulating me for reasons I do not know to this day why.

I thought I loved him, but who can love someone who hurts them constantly? It became routine and I would just shrug it off and bottle up my pain. My wolf couldn't take the games anymore, and neither could I. All of this anger and awareness lead up to that faithful spring day.

It started off like any other day, I woke up and got ready and headed over to the Alpha Mansion where I knew he'd be. If not, he'd be here soon as he could be wrapping up training for the morning.

I sat patiently waiting in the kitchen and talked to the sweet little old lady cooking breakfast.

I see from the corner of my eye the front door open and in strides Desmond. There was once a time I thought his post-workout appearance was attractive, now it is just disgusting.

"Natalie," Desmond says. "I was not expecting you so early."

"Sorry about not informing you, but we need to have a talk," I state which earns a groan form him.

"Look, doll. I just trained for two and a half hours can we talk after I shower and rest?"

"No, it can not wait. I am tired of waiting, I am tired of this game. I am so tired of how you just disregard me in an effort to avoid certain conversations."

He huffs and rolls his eyes as he takes a seat. "Fine, I am listening to this very important conversation that could not wait until later."

Oh this boy is going to have it handed to him.

"I am going to get straight to the point, I am not happy with this relationship."

"Fun, this conversation. I knew it was a trap."

"A trap? You are insane. You see your girlfriend isn't happy, if you were a good boyfriend you would at least address it."

He chuckles. "Have I not? I have given you everything."

"It is not about things! I don't like how you allow females to hang all over you. Sometimes you juts completely ignore me for days on end. I don't like being treated like this."

"How exactly am I treating you? I am an Alpha in training, of course I won't respond right away to your messages."

I lift a brow. "But you have time for other women outside of this relationship?"

"Doll, you are dating an Alpha. You should expect women to be drawn to me."

"I am aware of that, but I expect you to respect our relationship and ask them to back off!"

How stupid is he?

After this fight we broke things off but in not such a civil way. I wanted to, but he decided to do it public and in front of his pack.

It was a few days later when I arrived at school and we were all called to the stadium for a surprise assembly. Spring break just ended and Desmond and I didn't say a word to one another during such. I enjoyed my break back home with my family and went on a vacation with them.

Yet, I was dragged back into this hell and not knowing what to expect from this assembly. Looking back I should have expected since Desmond loves to publicly embarrass those he views as enemies. Hence, me.

"Good morning, students. I hope you enjoyed your spring break, but we have a special announcement from the Alpha to be, Desmond," the headmaster speaks into the microphone.

He walks up to the high rise in the middle of the field, a smirk spread across his face. "Good morning, students. Today I would like to announce a special tournament my father and I have been planning during your break."

"This tournament will be female only, sorry. But this is not an average game, this is to show you have what it takes to stand by my side and be my Luna."

Is it clear he doesn't believe in the Moon Goddess? Yeah, he doesn't.

The crowd erupts in mutters and shock. The entire pack knew I was dating him and are most likely understanding this announcement.

"Settle down, you have until the end of the year to prepare to show you are worthy and enroll in the games. There will be a series of events taking place and will go until one female is left. I will go into further detail once the enrollment period closes and there is a class for it. Until then, I wish you all well and happy training!"

So, I had to get through the last few months of my senior year wit prying eyes and whispers as I passed people in the hallway. I was embarrassed and remembered how badly I wanted to curl up in a ball and disappear from the world. I hated waking up and having to go to school everyday. I begged my father to allow me to transfer back to our packs high school but he refused as my brothers excelled at this school.

I didn't even go to my own graduation, I packed up and left grabbing my diploma on the way out.