30: Your Queen

|Natalie|

Around me the crowd rejoiced and the room was electrified by the joy and excitement of the attendees. Max was all smiles and so was I. Placing a kiss on my lips he summons his father back up. His forehead rests on mine.

"I'll be right there if you need me. This is a quick ceremony. Just keep your eyes on my the entire time," Max tells before placing a kiss on my forehead and makes his way to his throne.

Max's father joined me on the platform carrying a small black trunk. He places it on the table in front of the thrones and undoes the latches, unveiling a beautiful crown that sat in a bed of red velvet.

"Do you, Luna Natalie promise to protect your pack until your dying breath?"

"I, Luna Natalie promise to protect my pack until my dying breath," I repeat.

"And do you Luna Natalie promise to guide your people, pack, and your King with wisdom and love?"

"I, Luna Natalie promise to guide my people, pack, and my King with wisdom and love."

"And lastly will your crowning as Queen not only benefit your mate, but the rest of the werewolf population."

"It will," I promise.

He smiles and raises the tiara from its bed. I kneel awaiting the tiara to rest on my head. He holds it up and slowly brings it down onto my head, resting it comfortably on my head. With assistance he helps me stand and guides me to my throne next to Max.

"Long live the Queen," the venue echos with pride.

"Long live the Queen," Max repeats and kisses the back of my palm.

I let out a long sigh, nervous. I was truly nervous and scared. My hand tightens around Max's that was rest on the arm rest of his throne.

He looks over and offers a gentle smile now being able to feel my emotions in a deeper way. He looks out upon the party, scanning the crowd.

"What is it," I ask.

"Nothing," he replies, shaking his head.

I raise a brow looking at him. "Tell me," I order.

"Yes, my Queen," he sighs. "Earlier we received word from intel that a certain pack, Desmond's, planned an attack."

"I thought they swore their allegiance to us?"

"That is partially correct. There were some who strayed, outliers in other words. Others left. Either going rogue or getting permission from the old packs that they were allies with to join."

"You didn't tell me some didn't swear their allegiance to us!"

"I didn't want you to worry. Besides, this room is full of Alphas males and females. Not to mention the Moon Princess herself. They wouldn't attack, only if they had a death wish."

They don't care if they die they are just trying to get their point across. Not only that, but the fear they will inflict and ruining our special day. Their only goal is to cause terror and ruin my special day. Ruin it because what we are doing to their Alpha and what I did to their Luna. They are delusional and brainwashed believing he is in the right and I am in the wrong. That I should've been honored to be asked to be his Luna again. His pack believes he is better than Max and he'll be a better King if he kills Max in the challenge.

They want to see me fall as I have ruined their packs image. They don't care, they just want to see my demise and that will be through hurting Max. Especially after this since I know am bond to him, I'll feel his pain. This is why I know Desmond won't be easy on Max. He'll inflict as much pain as possible because I'll be the receiving end. I'll be feeling that same pain.

The celebration went well on into the night as we conversed and feasted on the meals and desserts. Many alphas and their mates came up to congratulate us. I was pleased to get to know some of our allies and family friends. I was also pleased to see our two families get along as we are polar opposites.

Although I was excited to get out of these heels and go home, I was worried for what event laid ahead after the party. I was quite nervous about the mating ceremony as it would be my first time.

~~~

Oof, sorry for the short chapter. I was excited for my break, but that feeling was quickly gone. My photography teacher that I had for two years passed away on Monday from MDS. I am so heartbroken and still in shock. She was getting better, found a bone marrow donor and her hair was growing back. I loved the class and her.

In other news Brownie luckily didn't pass a stone, it was just that his system didn't fully heal. *Knock on wood* he is done peeing blood.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans