17: Plans

|Natalie|

After the funeral and the weeks of mourning Maxwell and I returned home. Yet, my first day back at the pack was met with a chaotic scene unfolding in the living room.

"What is going on," I ask as I step into the living room.

The living room was filled with people and binders stacked tall sat near them. Some were opened and on the coffee table as these people spoke among themselves.

"Good morning, Luna," an older man greets.

"Good morning, now can someone explain to me what is going on?"

A lady stands, dressed in high heels and black pencil skirt dress. "We were informed about the ceremonies taking place soon. We were asked to help to prepare and plan for them."

I slap my palm on my forehead. It would've been nice if Max informed me that we were starting to plan. Taking a seat in the open arm chair I start to pick at the breakfast trays set upon the tables.

"Now, Natalie. We are going to start with the marking ceremony. This is what humans call, a wedding. So it'll be planned and set up like a wedding. Flowers and a big white dress," the one designer tells.

"I'll be preparing the catering and pastries and the cake," a chef tells.

I nod.

"Next is the mating ceremony which will be done privately. Before this happens, the elders will bless the couples bed. We'll take you away from the party and few minutes before it ends to prepare you."

"Prepare me?"

They giggle. "Yes, remove the makeup, reapply some. Change your clothes and brush out your hair. It's the mating ceremony. Duh."

"Oh, yeah."

"And lastly is the Luna ceremony which will take place the next morning. This is just a casual breakfast where the Alpha will confirm that the mate bond has been complete and you are now their Luna."

"Seems easy."

Another giggle arises from them and I pout. "What? It doesn't seem that difficult."

They shake their heads. "Of course it's easier said than done. Everything must be perfect. You only mate once."

I was already getting a headache and the planning hasn't even started yet. I rub my temples and lean back in the chair, sipping the coffee.

I turn my head when one girl squeaks. "Oh my, she's going to be our Queen! She needs a tiara. I know the royal jeweler, we can have him draw something up."

As the discuss the certain pieces of jewelry I am going to be have made, I doze off. I truly do not care for any of this today. I just wanted to curl back up in my bed and go to sleep.

I know this is an important day for everyone including Max and I. But I truly did wonder if he wanted this. If he wanted to be king and have all this attention on his life. I honestly don't think I'll ever become accustom to my personal life being broadcasted to the world now. I never understood why people are so obsessed with a royal family.

I haven't even forgiven Maxwell yet for not consenting next first about accepting. Yet, he goes behind my back and sneakily calls in a team of planners.

My heart or head wasn't in this.

"Luna," one calls.

I perk up and hum and respond. "Yes?"

"Are you listening? We asked you a question," she snaps.

I send them a threatening glance. I stand from the chair and round the table.

"What was that," I bark.

She pushes herself into the back of the chair. "Nothing- Luna."

"That's what I thought, please don't speak to me like that."

Calm and composed now, I look at the sketches for dresses before me. They talk about flower arrangements and themes for the banquet hall. Along with that they discuss the night closes for that evening and what will be in the bedroom. The worst is picking the menus for the dinner and the breakfast. Especially since I have to do this all on my own, where the hell is Max in all of this. Why isn't he here?"

"Excuse me," I cut them off. "But where is the Alpha?"

"He didn't tell you? He went down to the cells to talk to Desmond and get some information out of him," the gentleman tells.

Of course.

I flip through the binder choosing a blush dress with off the shoulder sleeves and that drops a little bit before the knees. This will be for the morning we emerge as a bonded pair.

After hours of the first planning session they pack up and leave as Maxwell and some advisors enter the estate.

~~~

How's everyone holding up? I hope you all are healthy and safe! This is driving me insane. The school work is harder. My senior trip has been postponed till the end of May. Also, I'm out of school till April 13th as of now.

But due to this I have had more time to write which is a plus. Also, I was able to log back into my Instagram!

Besides this crazy uncertain time, I hope you are all in high spirts and have a wonderful week!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans.