34: It's Time

|Natalie|

The challenge was to take place today and it had me scared out of my mind. I wasn't allowed near the stadium in case something is to happen to Maxwell. Instead, I'll be kept in a safe location with a remedy in my system so I don't feel any pain Max will feel in today's fight.

I was already awake when the sun broke, but Max was still out cold. I felt sick to my stomach and I couldn't sleep because of the stress and anxiety that plagued my thoughts.

Are we going to lose him today my wolf and I kept asking ourselves. Is he going to come out victorious and Desmond will finally be gone and out of our lives? Will we finally be able to live in peace like we deserve and not have to worry about Desmond coming to destroy our happiness.

The true worry stemmed from if he'll become king and I'll have to hid. Also with him becoming king I'll be grieving while finding a safe space. No pup just horror and on the run. In which we don't if I'm even pregnant yet. It's been two weeks since the ceremonies, but that can be used to my advantage.

Since I don't know yet Desmond can't take the throne if we don't know if I'm with child. He'll have to wait until I know because if I am he cannot take the throne from a dead king's child. He will already have an heir therefore the throne has been secured for another generation. In which was the point of having the ceremonies before hand so he can't take the throne. Also for my safety.

I hear a groan from the other side of the room in which I am a few steps away from because of my pacing. Max stretches out his body and let's out an obnoxious yawn before finding me and giving me a lopsided smile.

"Good morning, my love," Max murmurs.

I make my way over to our bed and sit on the edge of the bed of where he is. "Good morning," I respond.

"Why the long face and frowning brows? You are going to wrinkle young if you keep up your worrying."

"Oh, really? I am worrying about you!"

He smirks and hauls me into a hug. "I am only kidding. I understand you're stressed as I am stressed too. We'll get through this, together."

Yeah, get through this together. How can we get through this together if it is just me?

He plants a soft kiss to my forehead before sliding out of bed and heading into the bathroom. Before a challenge only the Alpha attends a breakfast with his friends and the higher ups, while the Luna is moved to a safer location and given said remedy that I already mentioned.

"I'll see you tonight at the festival for my victory, okay," he asks, cupping my face in his hands.

I gulp and place my hands over his, not wanting to lose sight of him. "Okay," I finally say.

After one last hug and kiss, I gather my things and head to the vehicle waiting out front for me. During the challenge I won't feel anything so I plan to get work done and try to avoid watching the live broadcast that will be on every news station and platform. I can not bear to.

"Good morning, Your majesty," my chauffeur greets.

"Good morning, where too," I ask.

"The Death Luna, Adrianna has granted you a safe space in her pack during the challenge and if need be for future use."

"So we are heading to the Death Pack?"

He nods. "Appears so. Please relax, it will be about a half an hour until we get to the check point and portal."

"Okay."

~~~

"Your Majesty, we have arrived."

Rubbing my eyes I look around as we pass through the portal. Blues, purples, reds, and black swirl around us beautifully and as if it was liquid. In awe and I completely tuned out everything until we completely passed through. Now before me lays the snowy environment that is the dark realm.

Stepping out in front of the Death packs Alpha mansion that is more of a fortress the Death Alpha and Luna wait on the steps. Adrianna seeming happy to see me, but Octavius was on more on the anxious side.

"Natalie," Adrianna squeals, "great to see you again! We are more than happy to be your hosts for the next few hours!"

"I hope that's all it is," I struggle out a chuckle.

"As do I, child. As do I. Now, let me show your room and the pack doctor will arrive shortly to administer the remedy."

Octavius grabs my bags and walks behind us, sending off the car until later. The fortress was indeed grand and as old as I've read. It reflected what the pack stands for in color and riches. My eyes roam the decorated walls and lavish lights.

"We are here, Natalie," the death Luna tells. "Please, make yourself comfortable, lunch will be served soon."

"Thank you, I can not thank you enough for this safe space and taking me in even if I am to be a target."

She smirks. "Even if Desmond is to win, he won't dare wage war with us. Not only will my mate make his life a living hell, I will as well. You are forgetting who my mother is."

Although she is supposed to be this light being she reminds me much of the Goddess Persephone. The female always seems to take their role more serious than their husband or male counter part. Much more cruel, feared, and doesn't like her authority being questioned.

A few moments after she left the doctor arrived and preformed and check up before hesitating.

"What is the matter," I ask. "Are you going to administer the remedy?"

He shakes his head, "I cannot."

"And why is that?"

"It will harm the pup."

"I am not pregnant or at least I think so."

"You are telling me you haven't noticed the tell tale signs you are pregnant? How about your wolf, have you noticed how protective she has become and the change of your scent?"

Oh shit, I am.

"I am sorry, your majesty. You will have to get through this challenge without the remedy. I apologize."

"Won't that hurt the pup?"

He shakes his head. "The pain isn't psychically being inflicted on you, so no it will not. You are just feeling your mate's pain therefore it isn't your body being injured."

My jaw drops. This was so much to be processed. Not only am I pregnant but I will have to get through this challenge without the remedy. I will feel the pain my mate will be in and here is nothing I can do about it. I will have to tough it out ad hope the pain won't be too much to bare.

For Max.

~~~

Hi everyone! I was going to wait an upload this on Wednesday but I was too excited to wait. I am hoping to get the next one out this weekend! I hope you all enjoy this chapter. There are about ten or so chapters left and the epilogue.

Also, the Death Pack has shown up again! I am planing their book and Natalie and Max's sons book. His book will come first then his sister's. I have already have names for their kids, so I won't spoil that!

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful week!

~Becca, The Queen of Beans