2- Yule ball

It had been a chaotically fun afternoon getting ready for the Yule ball, you were going with a ravenclaw boy, with fluffy brown hair and blue eyes.

Your POV:

'I literally cannot wait for this!' I said, my voice dripping with excitement as I applied the final touches to my makeup.

I was wearing a flowy off the shoulder dark red dress, with your hair styled in a half up-half down braid bun.

'You all look so gorgeous!' Ginny chirped as she came into the bathroom.

'And I look like a cupcake..' she mumbled with a sad half-hearted smile as she turned to the mirror.

'Ginny you look stunning, don't say that!' Hermione scolded.

'I'm ready- so I'm gonna head down and I think Quin will be there already.' I grinned at the thought of him in a suit, and how he would react when he saw me coming down the steps.

'You go get your man!' Ginny hyped me up as I walked out of the room.

———————————————

I slowly descended down the stairs and couldn't help but take a moment to gaze in awe at the great hall, it looked so- magical.

I looked around for my date, Quinton.. but I couldn't see him anywhere.

It was quarter to eight though, so he might just be a bit late.

Once I got to the bottom I spotted Ron and Harry. Not gonna lie they looked miserable, so did there dates.

I walked over to them and they lit up for a moment.

'Oh y/n you look beautiful!' Harry stood and gave me a quick hug.

'What he said, you look amazing' Ron smiled.

Both there dates, the Patil sisters, awkwardly smiled and nodded.

'Where's your date?' Harry added with a quizzical look on his face.

'Oh-' I let out a nervous laugh, 'I'm not actually sure. He said he'd be here at eight. So I'm early anyway.' I finished, taking a quick glance at the stairs.

It was eating me inside out though, the thought of him not showing up.

About 5 minutes I saw someone tall rounding the stairs, excitement bubbled in my stomach.

But that disappeared as soon as I saw who it really was.

Draco Malfoy and his date, Pansy Parkinson.

As he walked past our group, he was eyeing Ron up and done with an amused look.

'Don't say anything, Malfoy.' Ron spat at him as he passed.

'Very dashing dress robes Weasley. Where did you get them? Your grandmothers cupboard?' Malfoy snickered.

Parkinson laughed along to, she was clung onto Malfoy like he was her life support.

———————————————

By now everyone had entered. Professor McGonagall had even told Harry he was dancing first.

As the dancing commenced I sat down away from the dance floor. Tears prickling at the back of my eyes, and my throat burning.

After a while people started filing off into little groups. Hermione had came over to see me first.

'Hey where is-'

I cut her off quickly, tears threatening to spill out of the corner of my eyes.