17- infatuated (Pt2)

Your POV:

I had decided to head straight back to my dorm. I had no desire to get stared at when I walked in 5 minutes late to class. And honestly, I'm afraid I might just throttle Harry the next time I see him.

So skipping it was. Not that I think Professor Trelawney would really care that much. She has so many kids skip that class.

I sat up in my bed, I did have some of my divination books out, with the intention to do some form of studying. But my mind kept drifting back to the situation I'd landed myself in.

Really I just wanted to figure out how I was going to handle it. Do I pretend to just be oblivious? Or approach him about it- or wait for him to come to me?

I pulled my hands up to my face and buried my head in them, letting out a muffled groan.

Good lord what am I going to do with myself.

Draco's POV:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck-

I anxiously drummed my fingers on the table. We were in our 2 hour divination class and I knew full well that she should've showed up. I know she has this class with me- and not because I memorised it or anything but because her friends were sat across from me. And she is always with them.

Ron was combing through Hermione's hair with a goofy smile on his lips, plucking out small green leaves.

Hermione's expression on the other hand was the opposite- she had a obvious pout on her face, and was giving Harry a stern death stare. In which Harry was still struggling to contain his laughter.

'Mate-' I was snapped out of my trance and glanced over to Crabbe.

'I know you're staring at her empty seat all sad and shite. But she's probably fine. This is just a good excuse to talk to her when you see her next.'

I said nothing as I just gave him a purely dumbfounded look. My brain short circuiting at the thought of trying to hold a conversation.

'I- well- it's just frustrating. Im normally so confident, but she just makes me all...' I trailed off, unsure to the answer of my own thought.

'Yea yea. She makes you all gooey we get it. Just try and talk to her. Sick of seeing you all mopey about it.' Goyle chuckled, patting my back a couple of times.

Normally I'd give him an angry scowl, but to be honest, I appreciated the support from them.

'Harry-' I heard Hermione let out an angry whisper,

'Aside from the fact I want to smash a chair across your stupid face, where is y/n?'

He only shrugged, shooting a glance over to me. We held eye contact for a moment and I shifted uncomfortably. Was he trying to ask me?

He definitely was. I simply shrugged and tried to look away.

'Don't know, she bumped into someone and I uh-'

'You left didn't you?' She scowled at him.

'Well.. no! But-' Ron let out a snort, he was still running his hands through Hermione's hair, however I don't think there was any more leaves in it.

'Maybe she went to the medical wing? She might've got a bit of a headache when she ran into..' she glanced at me, I guess she'd already put the pieces together from when Harry was looking at me.

I had a small ball of dread forming in the pit of my stomach. I'd feel terrible if I knew she'd gotten hurt and I'd scurried off out of embarrassment.

When the bell finally rung, I stood up and decided to talk to her if I found her in the halls.

Your POV:

When I heard the bell chime, I got out of bed. I was hungry and ready to go get something to eat from the great hall.

By the time I'd got down into the halls, it was relatively quiet. But I saw someone leaning against the wall.

By someone I mean Draco.

His head shot up when he heard my footsteps echoing from down the corridor.

I gave him a quizzical smile, why was he waiting for me?

He strode over, meeting me in the middle of the hall.

'Hey..' he stopped momentarily, his Adam's Apple bobbing upward and then back down.

'I just wanted to make sure you were fine and all. I er- noticed you weren't with your friends in class. And uh, Madam Pomfrey hadn't seen you this morning so...' he trailed off, running a hand through his hair as he looked down at me.

'Ah- I'm all good don't worry. I just didn't really feel like showing up to divination late. So I just went back to my dorm.'

'That's good then.' He said in a hush voice, his eyes scraping along my face, as if examining my features.

'You're not very discreet.' I chuckled, his eyes snapping up from my lips.

I didn't give him a chance to stutter out whatever denial he might have tried to muster up, I grabbed his tie and pulled his face down to mine.

'All you ever have to do is ask.' I whispered, before placing my lips on his cheek, catching the corner of his mouth.

Though it wasn't a proper kiss, I felt him lean into it with his all.

After a few fleeting heartbeats I pulled away, just enough that I could still feel his breath panning across my skin.

His hand drifted up to my arm, as he let out a low, airy sounding chuckle.

'Maybe we will have to get some Butterbeer sometime.'

We had gained some distance now, I was able to see his rosy cheeks and wide smile.

'Maybe.' I hummed.

I guess following my impulse isn't so bad after all.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A PT 2 MYA, and thank you for your endless support, I love your comments they make my day! I had fun writing it. Hope you all enjoyed <3

EDIT: I MISSPELLED THE TITLE BYE ANYWAYS

Stay well :) - A.S