3- Change of heart

Draco's POV:

I'm not really sure how it happened. When we had our first class with the Gryffindors, Care of magical creatures, when we came back to school.

That's when I first saw her, I noticed how different she looked.

Like very different.

There was barely a way to describe it, she looked gorgeous.

(But of course I palmed it off as anything but attraction.)

And her affinity towards that big chicken Hagrid bought to the class. She couldn't stop talking about how incredible it was.

After it nearly killed me and my Father convinced the Ministry to sentence buckbeak to death.

In potions class, Y/n had gave me a folded piece of paper with the writing;

Dear Malfoy,

Please meet me at the old willow tree by the Great Lake at 5:30pm after class if you can.

From Y/n Y/l/n

Of course I couldn't help myself, I had to go.

So sure enough at half past five and I went to the old willow to see her.

'Thank you so much for coming-' she said quickly with a hint of desperation in her voice. The light autumn wind gently wisping her hair around.

'Right- I'm here out of my own time. Make it quick.' I hissed, trying to keep up my hard exterior.

'I know it really isn't my place- but please, Malfoy, please don't get the ministry to execute buckbeak! That is all I ask of you. And I won't beg anymore but he is such a beautiful animal. I- it would pain me a lot to see him killed.' She pleaded in a shrill voice, eyes glazed with a thin layer of tears.

'Its quite frankly is none of your business what I decide to do.' I said simply.

'Well, all I want you to do is at least think about it..' She mumbled quietly before hurrying away.

I inhaled deeply and let out a sigh, staring out at the sun that was starting to dip below the horizon, the blue sky filling with bright yellow rays as it hit golden hour.

I sat down at the base of the tree. Maybe if I did send a letter to my father, and asked him to call off buckbeaks execution, he would.

A half of me thought it was pitiful that I'd listen to her, but... she did look really sincere about it.

So I headed to the owlery to send a letter to my father.

————————————

Your POV:

'Mione!' I panted as I got back to the common room just in time, she heard about my meeting with Malfoy and said if I was longer than 10 minutes she would assume the worst, and come and hunt him down. I couldn't do that to him, not even because he's Malfoy.

Hermione is scary when she gets like that. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to deal with her when she is.

'Oh, you're back just in time. I was worried. Thought he might've drowned you in the lake by now.' She scoffed, appalled with the thought of me volunteering meeting with Malfoy.

'How did it go anyway?'

'Oh yea fine. I really played it up, had the tears, begged him, all that good stuff. I thought insulting him would just get under his skin, not make him wanna drop charges.' I shrugged.

'I don't know if it was good enough though. He basically told me that it wasn't any of my business.' I said as I sat down on the armchair closest to the fire.

'Well you did your best I guess. Wouldn't expect much though.' She mumbled and opened up her book.

There was a nice peaceful silence;

But obviously not for long, Harry and Ron came bolting through the doors, laughing hysterically.

'WE JUST SAW SNAPE TRIP DOWN THE STAIRS NEAR THE GREAT HALL!' Ron explained, pure joy radiating off him.

'YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN HIS FACE!' Harry added.

I smiled and shook my head,

'I could imagine you're both absolutely overjoyed about that.' I said, rolling my eyes.

————————————
Draco's POV (1 week later):

McGonagall's voice echoed through the class as I stared at nothing. Thoughts of everyday life occupying me.

My father, although was confused, did manage to call off buckbeak's execution. I hadn't said anything about it to y/l/n though.

At the thought of her, someone gasped and shouted,

'Blimey that's Y/n!'

I turned and saw a Ravenclaw girl gawking out the window.

I faced myself back towards the window and saw her.

She was riding Buckbeak. He was weaving in between the towers, and despite her being a bit far away, you could still make out the gleeful expression on her face.

I took the moment, as everyone was staring at her already, to really look at her, the way her beautiful y/h/c hair was flowing messily behind her, how confident she looked even though she was hundreds of feet up in the air.

As she came nearer to the window, I saw her lock eyes with me and wave.

I smiled, I felt as though I had done something good for once.

'She waved!' Said someone else.

'Alright, alright everybody, please let's continue on our work-' McGonagall piped up, and everyone averted there attention back to her.

But my gaze was still lingering on her.

She truly was something else.

————————————
Your POV:

After classes I went to the willow tree, I did normally go there to reflect, overall just think about things.

But today, I found someone else there.

That someone else being Draco.

'Hey, I really wanted to thank you for changing your mind y'know.' I said as I sat down next to him, my back against the tree.

'Er, it's fine..' He murmured under his breath.

'I can go if you want to be here by yourself.' I replied, stealing a glance at him.

'No- wait.. you can stay.' He had grabbed my wrist as I had went to push myself up.

I simply smiled and stayed next to him.

Listening to the birds chirping, and wind whispering through the trees that filled our comfortable silence.

A/N: this is a really random imagine, but I had a dream roughly like this, which gave me the idea. 12/10 dream, hope you all like this imagine, also really hope my writing is alright, trying to get comfortable i guess! Have a lovely day/night. <3

Feel free to vote and comment :) - A.S