15- Astronomy

Your POV:

A small tear traced down along my cheek. It was fucking pathetic I was crying over someone who I should've known would do something like this.

But he told me he'd stick with me.

He told me that no matter what he would be by my side.

I never thought he'd break up with me to get with some new Slytherin chic. Who, to top it off was absolutely gorgeous. And even though I've always had relatively high self esteem, it really rubbed salt in the wound.

I tucked my legs up to my chest, I was sitting on the steps in the astronomy tower, staring out at the stars like I did as a kid.

Every time I was upset I would go out and look at the sky, clouds or not. But when it was clear, I would go and try to find my favourite constellations.

It was comforting knowing the stars were always there. Even if sometimes you couldn't see them.

I continued to mull over my thoughts, the tears were flowing at a steady pace. They were slipping down my face and beginning to wet my sleeve that was resting under my chin.

'Y/n..?' My head jolted in surprise at the voice that broke the consistent silence id been sitting in.

My bleary eyes turned over to the half opened door, a blonde boy staring back at me, and I could make out his clearly distressed expression even through my slightly blurred vision.

'Hi..' I managed to smile weakly, in some kind of pitiful attempt to keep my dignity.

His distressed look morphed into that of a sad smile, empathetic in a way.

'Don't try and pretend you're not upset. It's ok.' He said simply as he started to walk over,
'You can let it out.'

My small smile dropped and I looked back out at the stars as he sat down next to me.

My mouth automatically opened and I started to spew out an upset, messy, ramble.

'I feel so pathetic for crying over him. He was the bare minimum honestly, I should've seen it coming from miles away, there was so many red flags I'm realising now that I missed in the moment. I just cant believe I didn't realise he was such an obvious dick. I thought I knew myself better.' I mumbled, another tear falling onto my sleeve.

He scooted closer, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

Draco and I had been best friends since the third year when we had a written project we had to do in Herbology. Despite the bitter taste we both had for eachother since we aren't in the same house, as time went on we realised how well we worked together. And we started to get along.

In the beginning fourth year was when I met Rowan. Ravenclaws Prince Charming. We started dating in the middle of that very same year.

Draco never liked him. Always calling him out on his manipulative traits he would display when we hung out. But regardless Draco stuck with me.

'Neville told me.'

'Oh..' I remember him seeing me when we first had broken up earlier this evening. I was furious at that point, and threw my DADA book across the Gryffindor common room. I'm pretty sure it made a dent in the plaster, but I didn't stay to find out.

Definitely not the proudest moment of mine.

'I'm sorry he put you through this.' He mumbled, grasping his hand in mine.

I let out a sad chuckle.

'You shouldn't be apologising. I should be. I was the one that didn't listen to you.'

He didn't say anything else, just planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

And that's where I fell asleep. My head rested on his shoulder, and our hands interlocked.

A/N: I hope you all like this I think it's really cute! I did I quick proofread so I hope there's not to many errors. But I switched up tenses a bit to explain the situations so i also hope that made sense. Anyways hope everyone's doing well <3  luv u