Chapter -10

Sachin: "Hello... Di"

Meera: "Hello...mm..tell me da, no Saturday outing?"

Sachin: "Yup. Will go after some time. Today Nisha is busy. So only me and Nakul. "

Meera: "Oh..is it? So, it's a pub outing. Don't drink too much and don't get into any trouble. Control your temper whatever happens and whoever pokes you.

Sachin: "Ok, Madam. Is there any other instruction??" He said sarcastically.

Meera: "Nope. That's it." She said with mock seriousness.

Sachin: "Oh!! Come on Mimi!! I'm not a kid and don't forget that I'm elder to you, even if it is only for three days!!! Ok, leave it. Coming to the point. I want to know when you are coming? And for how long?"

Meera: "Sachi... Please.." He didn't let her finish her sentence.

Sachin: " Meera, I don't want to hear anything. You and the kids are coming for my wedding, and that's fixed. I want to know about your travel dates and routes. I have listened to all of your craps, and how much ever you all try to convince me, I'm not going to back-off. I have decided, and if you don't want me to postpone my wedding and fly there and bring you and kids here for my wedding, then you better book the tickets asap."

Meera: "Sachi.. stop being so adamant and selfish. Think about what others are going through. At least think about Nisha. Why are you putting her in trouble? Already both the families have a lot on their plates with your intercaste marriage. Our presence will be like a topping to all those.

I'm not saying that we won't come. We will, but after the wedding. Let's plan some outing together, and then you can go for your honeymoon and me, and the kids will travel back. Wouldn't that be better?"

Sachin: "You are coming, and that's final. I will book the tickets after discussing them with Vishal. And Meera, I don't care about what others think. I have had enough, and I'm not going to let anyone banish my sister and my nephews and nieces from my wedding. I should have done this long back, and I didn't have the guts to do it then. But, now I'm not going to sit back and let others trample your life. If anyone is having any issue, they will have to bear with it. If it is grandpa that you are worried about, then I'm sure Jo and Jeff will do their magic on him.

He will do his initial drama, and gradually he will accept it. I don't bother about anyone else. If others cannot digest the simple idea of adoption, then that is their foolishness, and I'm not going to keep you away from our family anymore because of those foolish and ignorant people. You will come for my wedding and that too ten days before, and we all will stay at Grandpa's place and have to stay there for five more days after the wedding. We will leave for our honeymoon the week after that. So I won't force you to stay there. But those 15 days, you must be there and no more arguments on that."

Meera: "Oh, God Sachii.. please.. it is not easy for the elders in both of our families. Also, Nisha will have to face taunts from her relatives. Don't you think they will pressurize her and her family not to have an alliance with a shameless family, with this shameless daughter, who has five kids out of wedlock? And now the son has also got into love marriage that too from other castes. Don't you think they will question our upbringing? Her parents will be troubled to give explanations. Why do we have to put them through it? I had given more than enough trouble to my family, and I don't want to put her family through it. Please..."

Sachin: "Sorry, Sis. No more arguments. You better apply for your leave. Vishal was online. So I have booked your ticket for the next month 4th along with them. You have three weeks and don't worry about the dresses for the wedding day and reception. We will buy it from here. Oh... and your return ticket is on the 30th. I have mailed you the ticket details. See you soon. And buy some amazing gift for your wonderful brother and sister in law. Love you. Bye."

It took me a while to realize what he had said. I opened my mail to check whether he was joking, and as soon as I understood that he wasn't, I started panicking, thinking about all the worst-case scenarios that are going to happen. "Oh god, how will they react? How will they treat my kids? Will they accept us?" Many thoughts flashed through my mind, and I'm sure that today will be a sleepless night for me. I have to call Neena first thing in the morning.