Chapter - 24

It was almost noon, by the time Narayanan returned from the backyard. Since the wedding functions from the grooms' side are to be conducted here, he has been busy supervising the cleaning processes, in and around the house. Usually, he never used to spend this much time in the backyard. But today he stayed back until Noon, to avoid Meera and her kids.

But he was caught red-handed by Saraswathi and was forcefully introduced to the kids. Though there are signs of his old age, Narayanan's well-built structure, thick mustache, and serious face were completely against their expectation of a friendly, cute, and loving grandpa! The elder kids were afraid to go near him, and Jo and Jeff hid behind Savithri!

Everyone present in that room, except the kids and Nakul, knew that this was all a facade, and there is a soft, loving, and caring grandpa behind that angry face. But unfortunately, his pride is not letting him show that!

In the evening, Meera, Savitri, and Sumitra along with Saraswathi were sitting at the veranda, watching the kids play. Jo and Jeff were playing something in the sand along with Sachin, while Jessi, Jaiky, Jaidy, and Nakul were playing badminton.

Their lovely moment was interrupted by Meera's uncle, Venu, along with his wife and grandkid. He stormed into the veranda without glancing at Meera and her kids.

Venu: "Aunt, Where is Uncle? I have something urgent to discuss with you both. Let us talk inside." He walked towards the living room, followed by his wife. Saraswathi asked Sachin to bring their grandpa from the backyard and went inside with Savithri and Sumitra.

Meera stayed back at the veranda, watching them. Kids and Nakul were too immersed in their games, that they didn't bother about their angry guest!

Venu: "What is this Aunt? Who allowed that slut inside the house?" He shouted at Saraswathi.

Saraswathi: " Don't you dare use such words against anyone in our family. And, Don't forget that I'm your aunt and not the other way around. So never use that tone with me." She scolded him, which made him quieten down a bit.

Saraswathi: "Now, whatever you have to say, wait until your uncle is here. Sumitra, take the kid outside and Savitri, bring tea for them. Rajni, you go with her." Everyone followed her instructions without arguing as they knew the tigress within her has been unleashed!

Narayanan: "What is happening here?" One look at the reddened face of his beautiful wife was enough for him to understand the tense situation. He knew the reason for his nephew's arrival, and it was something he had expected.

Venu: " Why is she here Uncle? Why did you allow her to be here? Have you forgotten the shame she has brought to our family? And also the kids!!! Why are they all here? Do you know how ashamed I was when people asked me about her? People who used to look at us with respect are making fun of us now! Why are you not throwing her out? Wh.."

Narayanan: " It's a wedding, there will be so many guests! We cannot invite people after doing background checks! There will be different types of people at a wedding and who am I to stop the groom's guest? Now, if anybody asks you, tell them the same!"

Venu got irritated with his Uncle's excuse!

Venu: "You might not be bothered because she is your favorite granddaughter and nobody would say anything to you. But it is me and my kids who have to live here, and it is my kid's future that is getting affected! Ashish had also called me to tell his experience! He is a politician, how will he face people, when she is here? Who will respect Me and my kids? At least make her stay in the town! Why are you all making my kids suffer for her deeds? I and nobody from my family would attend the wedding if that shameless girl doesn't leave!"

Narayan: " We cannot ask a guest to leave, and I cannot force you to attend. But, it is a family occasion and if you respect me, you would respect my invitation too! Rest is up to you." Saying this Narayanan left the room. Venu too angrily left with his wife, and grandkid, who was playing with Jo and Jeff.

All the while, scolding his wife for letting their grandkid play with her kids!