Chapter - 38

Nayana: "Nakul, be sure about your feelings. Later you cannot just give up and move on easily once you find it difficult! I understand that you have been dating her and her kids for three months without her knowledge. But marriage is not like that. It comes with a lot of responsibilities, especially with kids. Usually, couples would take years to have a good bonding and with kids, it would be different! Will you be able to handle it? You will always come after her kids. You won't get much personal time with each other, you will have to emotionally support the kids. You have seen how mom and dad love each other and still have unsettled issues among them even after 45 years!"

Nakul: "I have thought about all these Nayans. I'm not sure about my parenting skills. The only thing I'm sure of right now is that I love them all a lot! I'm happy with them. When I imagine a life without them, it pains and that's all I know! But I'm worried about Mom. I don't want to hurt her and if she doesn't agree, there is no way Meera will agree to this!"

Nayana: "Oh! Don't worry about mom! She likes her a lot! She was all praises of her a few moments back. So don't worry about that. She will come around. It is just that typical Mom-in-law syndrome! But what about Meera? Will she agree?"

Nakul: "Don't know. I hope she would!" He said with a deep sigh.

Nayana: "Don't worry da. I'm sure she will! Who can say no to my lovely brother!"

--------------------------

Nakul: "I'm sorry Mumma... I shouldn't have talked to you like that. But I like them Ma. I want you to understand me. Please..."

Sujatha: "Nakul, my dear. Parenting and marriage are not simple. I accept that I wish you to get married soon. But, starting a family along with kids, that too five kids is not easy as you think. Now you are just doing the supporting role and once you become the main character, everything will change. Responsibility is huge darling. I know you and I don't think you are mature enough! Also, you are young, darling. You can enjoy your life with your wife and slowly build a family. I'm a mother and I will always wish the best for my kids. You will understand only after you have your kids!"

Nakul: " Yes mom. I understand. It may not be to your extend because as you said, I have been only on a supporting role yet! But I consider them as mine and I wish the best for them too! I don't know how to convince you Ma. But, I know how much I love them and I don't know how to prove it, mom! Do you remember Ma, when I got into a fight in my high school and you came to pick me up? You cried seeing the wound on my face and I was embarrassed at that moment! But last month when Jeff hit his head and had to get it stitched, I felt the pain! And when some guys teased Jessi, I was so angry that I wanted to punch their faces or at least their father's! If this is what you have felt for us, then please have trust in me and support me Ma.

I know that you like them Ma. I know that you had to go through a lot because of grandpa, grandma, and aunt. But I never really understood until I saw Meera's struggle. She had to face ill-treatment from her own family Ma! I hope you can relate to her feelings since you have been there once! And Ma, you said I'm young. But she is younger than me Mom!

Please Ma without your support I cannot convince her. She wouldn't even consider me as a friend if she finds out about all these! Can you please act normal with them? Without any prejudice?" Sujatha stared at her son for a while, assessing the seriousness in his words, and nodded in agreement.

Nakul hugged and thanked his mother. RaviSankar too appreciated his wife for considering it!

-------------------------

Since the next day was a Sunday, Nakul had planned a family outing, along with Neena, Vishal, and Kannan. The kids were excited as they couldn't spend much time with Nakul after he came back from the official trip. They went to a nearby park and everyone had a great time! Even Sujatha didn't have to pretend as she was enjoying every moment with the kids. Though she tried to maintain a distance from Meera, it wasn't awkward as Meera was busy monitoring kids or chatting with Neena that she didn't notice the indifference!

But before going back, Neena had requested Sujatha to meet her alone, at a coffee shop on the next day evening, saying she has few things to tell her. Sujatha agreed as she too was curious about Meera!