Chapter - 14

"Mommy.. mommy...wake up...Sun is here!! it's morning!!!!" My two sweethearts started screaming and shaking me...

"five minutes baby.. please!!!!!" I couldn't sleep the whole night with all those memories coming back and sleep sometime around early morning.

But my sweet little cute alarms are so punctual that they would work promptly even on weekends!!!!

It is on such moments I wish to have someone to share the responsibilities so that I can sleep for a while at least on weekends!! But I guess these are part of those perks of motherhood!!

"No mommy... See sun is here!!!!" And YES according to them it is a sin or rather a crime to sleep once the sun is up! How I wish I could make them realize that they should sleep as much as they can as they won't get any when they want to have one in the future!! I always wonder how can they be such early risers!!! Oh God please have mercy on me and make them sleep late on weekend mornings or else make the sun appear a little later!!! Please I beg you!!!

"Wake up mommy!!!" Jo shook me. "Ehhh" I mentally groaned and rubbed my eyes and extended my hands for a cuddle and my sweethearts crawled into my arms...

We woke up after a few minutes and freshened up and went downstairs to feed my babies.

After preparing breakfast and feeding them both, kids were playing with building blocks and I utilized their initial friendly moments to call Neena. I told her about the conversation with Sachi and she was extremely happy.

"Nooo... it has to go there!!!" I heard Jo's screaming and Jeff's too in the background. Guess time's up!!

"bye, Neena. it's time to call for a ceasefire!!! Call you later!!" I hung up the phone.

I went to see what is happening and saw Jo blocking Jeff from what they have built up and Jeff standing next to her holding one block on his right hand!

"Jo!!!! Jeff!!!!" I called and gave them both, 'the look'.

"Mom...She is not letting me place this!! He is placing the wrong one mamma!!" they both started again!

"Enough!! Now both of you play different games... OK?" They both nodded knowing that there is no room for argument. Thankfully they both found some other thing to entertain themselves, which I know wouldn't last long and they both would end up playing together, which will again lead to a fight... I let them do whatever they want and went to the kitchen to finish off my cooking.

"Good morning Mumma.." Jessi sat at the kitchen island rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning dear... where are your brothers? Still sleeping?" I asked her

"Jaiky is sleeping and Jaidy is in the washroom.." She replied sipping the coffee which I kept in front of her.

"Wake him up after having your coffee..." She nodded her head and did a double-take at me.

"Are you sick Mumma? You don't look good..." She asked with a skeptical look.

Oh God!!! I forgot about sherlock holmes or should I say Enola holmes at my home? I should have done something to my swollen eyes when I know that nothing would miss this girl's eyes. She would make a good detective with her observation skills!!!!

"No darling I'm alright... Had some work to finish, so slept late... That's it!" She accepted it.

Luckily she is young now. But I'm sure she wouldn't fall for such excuses after few more years!!!

I could hear the sound of fast, and urgent steps coming from the stairs.

"Yuhuu... I won!!!! Good morning Mumma.." Jaiky came and hugged me, and kissed me on my left cheek. I wished him back

"No. you cheated!!!" Jaidy came running behind jaiky and sat next to Jessi.

"Ohh... don't worry Jai, we all know what might have happened. You were running ahead and in the middle, Jaiky would have tricked you someway and reached here first. We all know he can't play fair!!!" Jessi said defending Jaidy.

"No. I didn't cheat!!! I just played smart!! It's not my fault that I'm the smartest one among you all!!" Jaiky boasted and sat opposite Jessi. These are usual happenings so I didn't bother to comment on it.

I placed the coffee in front of both of them and shuffled Jaidy's hair, as he was sitting there with a pout. Though when they were younger, Jaidy used to be the most childish one, later with the years passing he acted like the eldest brother he is. I know he is just playing around and has given in to jaiky, just to make him happy. Though, sometimes he won't!

"Good morning darling" I wished Jaidy combing his hair backward from his forehead, and kissed on his forehead. He wished me back and kissed my left cheek.

"Momma are you sick??" Here comes 'The sherlock' Jaidy wasn't like this. But either he is taking some tuition from Jessi or may be part of him being more mature. He has become attentive over the years and with both these detectives, it is becoming difficult to lie!

"No darling.. just sleepy. So let us have our breakfast. Jessi, could you please check what those two are up to?" There was no noise coming from the other room and it is not a good sign. Their silence screams 'Danger' especially when they both are together.

"Jaidy...Jaiky could you please come??" Jessi came to the kitchen and flew back hiding the cleaning cloth behind her.

Ok, so as per my guess, jo or jeff might have peed on their pants, and might have asked Jessi's help to cover it up! Later when Jaidy and Jaiky came back with a freshly bathed Jo and Jeff, my suspicion proved right. Jeff changing out of his 'super sonic' T-shirt was the only proof I needed to confirm my theory!!! Thank God!!! It was a blessing in disguise!!! Otherwise, he wouldn't have come out of that dress for the whole weekend!!!!

Though I didn't want to, last time I lost my control and shouted at them for holding their pee and rushing towards the toilet at that last moment. And, mostly on the way, they would lose it! Last time it happened at Neena's place. They are already 5! I was fed up with it!

I got busy with cooking and didn't ask about it to anyone. I didn't want to break their little secret and trust in each other. Anyway, Jo and Jeff would later tell me by themselves, and if by night they didn't, then I will ask them.