Chapter - 35

Jaiky: "Mommy please!!!"

Meera: "No Jaiky. Clean it up otherwise forget about your video games for a month."

Jaiky: "I'm sorry Mumma, I didn't mean to mess it up. I was just trying to pull my red shorts out and this happened!"

Meera: "Yes I know. But you should have carefully pulled out the one you need instead of the entire pile darling! Now, fold all these clothes and arrange them back! Come on hurry up. It's only a few clothes. Get it done by the time I finish the call. ok, darling?"

Meera thought of doing it by herself as usual, but since he is doing it repeatedly, she understood that she is spoiling him and he wouldn't learn to respect the efforts put in unless he does it by himself!

She left to the study room, after informing Jessi that she will be on an official call for an hour and not to disturb her.

It has been a month since they came back from India. Kids wanted to extend their stay. But unfortunately, tickets were expensive and Meera also had to get back to her work. Everybody was too sad when they left. Especially her grandparents, afraid that they might not be alive until the next visit! Meera wanted to stay with them, but she knew for her kids, she has to be in the US.

Even after coming back, Meera and the kids were missing their family and it took them some time to fall back into their usual routine. Kids got busy with their summer classes and Meera with her work, with only video calls keeping them connected with their family back at hometown. Also, it has become a routine for them to call Nakul too along with their grandparents, Sachin Uncle and Nishu Aunty!

After finishing her call, she went to Jaiky's room to see the progress. But was welcomed by the same messy room. She was so pissed off and called Jaiky! She was shocked to see the person standing next to Jaiky. None other than Nakul!

Meera: "Hey Nakul. How come you are here? Why didn't you tell me that you are coming?"

Nakul: "I wanted to surprise you all. I moved into this city. Got a job here. I arrived yesterday."

Meera: "Oh! Ya Indeed a great surprise! Did you have anything? Tea-coffee-juice?"

Nakul: "Yes..yes... Jaidy made a superb lemonade for me."

Jaiky: "Mommy I'm sorry.. seeing Nakul I forgot about it. Shall I do it later?" Meera glared at him playfully.

Nakul: "Hey No..No...What is it? Let's do it together." Jaiky told him what had happened. Even though he never liked cleaning up, being the task at hand is to be a better companion to Meera, he left with Jaiky to help him.

Meanwhile, Meera arranged lunch for everyone. Kids were extremely happy when they heard that Nakul was staying until dinner.

During lunch, Meera asked about his stay and office. Nakul was staying at an aparthotel near to his office and was in touch with Vishal to get an apartment for rent.

Sachin had already introduced Nakul to Vishal, Neena's husband, who is in the real estate business.

Meera: "So Neena knew about your arrival?" Nakul shrugged.

Nakul: "I guess not. I had told Vishal that I want to surprise you all." Meera nodded her head recollecting the fact that her friend was never good at keeping secrets!

Kids had excused themselves to check out the gifts Nakul brought for them.

Meera: "Hmm... Anyway, If you don't have plans to cook and if it's not hectic, you can join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner anytime! Just give me a heads-up!" Seeing Nakul's excited face she added "And offer valid only until you find an apartment."

He pouted while she smiled at him.

Overall the day was fun, apart from the tantrum Jo and Jeff made asking Nakul not to leave, forcing him to cancel the meet-up with a friend. He promised them that he would be back by tomorrow morning, and left only after they both were asleep.

Meera: "I'm so sorry..."

Nakul: "That's okay. What's the big deal in it. And I love to be with them. OK then. Bye Goodnight! See you tomorrow for breakfast!" He winked at her and left the house.

Meera stood there shaking her head realizing that he most probably would be visiting their home every day!

Luckily Nakul got an apartment within two months and coincidentally it was on a nearby street, at a walkable distance from Meera's home!

And... thus, It has become a daily routine that he drops by their home in the morning after his jogging, and have breakfast with the family after freshening up there, and leave with a packed lunch, dropping either the elder kids or the younger ones at their school on his way to the office. While in the evening, after freshening up at his apartment, goes home to be with them, and either leaves after dinner or stays back if he falls asleep or the kids insist. And on most of the weekends either they spend the entire day together at home or somewhere outside!

Meera was happy that she has someone to rely upon and gets some 'me time' finally! She enjoyed her time with him and sometimes even wished he could be a part of their life like this forever. But she knew that this is just a temporary arrangement until he gets a better opportunity or a girlfriend, or maybe until he gets fed up with this schedule and them!

She was more worried about the kids, as they were getting too much attached to him. Sometimes, she even tried making excuses to avoid him, which had never worked most of the time!