Chapter-3

Five years back

David: Congrats Meera, wish you a happy married life in advance. When will you be back? We should have a grand party once you come back.

David is one of my teammates.

Meera: Thanks, David. I will be back by the second week of next month and will give you all a treat.

David: So your hubby will come along with you?

Meera: No. We have not decided yet. He is working in India, So we have not yet figured it out.

We have planned that I will resign, and we will be settling in India. I have plans to put resignation after a year because of resource requirements in the project I am currently working on. So, that is still a secret. Only Neena knows about this.

David: Ok. All the best then.

I thanked him. Neena came to us, and David left us after greeting Neena.

Neena: Have you packed everything? Vishal will come early from the office, and we will drop you at the airport. By what time should we pick you up?

I was about to say that I will manage when she said, "NO. No need for any arguments. Just tell the time."

I checked the time and said, "around 7? I need to freshen up, recheck whether I have left out anything, and have a light dinner."

"Ok. Then, we will be there at 7." She said that and my phone started ringing. She left, and I picked the call.

"Is this Ms. Raghunath?" A lady asked from the other end of the call.

Meera: "Yes. May I know who this is?"

Lady: "I am calling from Lakewood hospital. Mr. Mathews and his family have been brought here after an accident. Could you please come here?"

I could not process what she said, but I told her that I would be there in half an hour. I hope it would be a small accident and all of them are fine.

Neena also accompanied me. We both tried to console each other though we both had this unsaid panic deep inside.