28

I think I have post this pic before but I can't remember it. It's been so long😭. I tried to make the words a minimum but I failed. Obviously.

Question :  What's the part of a day that you enjoyed the most?

Also don't forget to vote!! 🌟

*

Rey let out a couple heaves. Only three boxes to go.

Moving to the beautiful yet cold place of Ohio seems a bit challenging for her. She has to pack heavy clothes for her and the twins. Since it's nearly Christmas, snow was piling up the driveway once they reached the house.

Rey had expected a two story bungalow, that she would find comforting to be in with her twins. And mostly away from Ben since she finds it overwhelming with his presence. With lovely neighbour's and a fairly lovely garden at the back of the house.

But they stumbled on this two adjoined house with two main doors, a large driveway that can be filled up with 10 cars and what Rey assumed as a tiny garden was considered to be a whole field of wheat grains in the backyard. The house was so big, it could be classified as a mansion. Well, at least it was only two story. Heavens forbid what would happen if there were three. Rey could already picture the boys running around the house with ferocious speed on playing a game of tag. She shivered inwardly, the last and only time they had played tag was ended with the food in the kitchen toppled over onto the dirty ground and her father's favourite marble vase shattered into pieces. She didn't want a repeat of that.

True to his words, Mayer, or as what the Chief Inspector commanded, their house was near to every need they have in the city. Like the supermarket was just a block away. A line of regular stores from across the streets that consists of a barbershop, a shoe maker and fixer, a tiny yet cute Cafe shop and a laundry service. They even have a large store that sells DVDs and accessories for your home.

The place is quite tempting for visitors to stay a little longer. Even Rey had to admit, it's like a perfect vacation spot. But she continuously told herself that their stay here was just temporary, that is until Cliff and Mayer have tracked down their mysterious enemy.

Rey snapped her head towards the archway of their new living room to see Marcus advancing slowly to her. He was discharged right before the day they moved in here. It was quite heartbreaking to see him so frightened of seeing the wires attached to his body when he woke up a week ago. Rey had to convince him that they were plushies to distract his mind and it didn't take long for him to believe her.

The fracture in his arm was getting a little better, Rey noticed. He still wore the blue cast that restricted the movements on his arm but lately, he had managed to move his fingers and rotate his  wrists without so much of a wince. He had improved much better and Rey couldn't help but be proud. Her little fire spirit.

"Hey baby. What's new today?" Rey greeted him, reaching over to ruffle his recently combed hair that makes him scrunch his face into a grimace.

Swatting her hand away from his hair, he pouted at her, "Nothing. My back still hurts and my arm is turning purple" Rey hummed sadly, seeing the sad pout on his face.

"That sounds more than nothing, dear. Let me have a look"

She stood up to look for the medical bag the hospital provided for him in the living room, before seeing it on top of the coffee table. Clutching it in hers, she motioned for Marcus to lay down on the newly furnished couch in front of the fireplace with her kneeled down in front of him on the carpeted floor.

Marcus lay down with the help of his mother, being extra careful with his cast arm. Rey pulled his shirt upwards to see the scarred lines on his once smooth pale back. They're a total of 2 lines. Two haggard scratches parallel to each of his sides. Both of the lines seem haggard and deep.