19

A blast from the past

6 years ago

Two months later...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Ben Solo glanced away from his computer to his phone that is ringing crazily, frowning when he saw the person he least expected to call him at this hour. Ben knew he will make a call but he never know it would be this quick. He answered it with a heavy sigh, his posture rigid with his face stone as cold—waiting for the unknown.

"Yes father?"  Ben asked.

"Where were you?" Ben was rewarded with his father's raspy voice that seems to get worsen from smoking.

"I'm at-" Ben began to say only to be interrupted by his father.

"You know what I don't care, just get your ass here. The meeting is about to start" Han Solo said, his voice turned bored, as if he would rather be somewhere else than here. Calling his irresponsible son—as he always says.

"Father-" Ben gritted his teeth when he was rudely interrupted-again.

"And for god sakes! where some pants will you? And tell that ginger guy-whatever his name is—that you're needed at the company right now. The both of you can hang out another time" Han shakes his head at his son's irresponsible attitude. He never liked that ginger anyway, always keeping his son from doing his duty. He never know why Ben would be friend with that low class boy. But then again, he rarely asks his son how he's doing especially his social life with how busy he is.

"Father!" Ben raised his voice a tad bit to get his attention. He never get to say anything to him.

"What is it? I don't have all day" Han glanced at his wristwatch, tapping his shiny shoes on his company's marble floor.

"I'm not with Hux" Ben clarified, his nerves on edge on how his father will react when he found about his son working for his rivals company.

"What? Are you here? Good gracious! You're on time my boy. I-" Han rambled on but Ben cut him off.

"I'm not at your company either"

"Then where are you?" Han grew confuse at this. What is this kid on about?

Ben took a deep breath and finally utter the words that his father despises to hear.

"I'm at Karps" Silence erupted. His father did not reply for quite a while and Ben was wondering if he had hung up.

"What?" His father's low but intimidating voice came from the speaker, startling him. He knew his father was trying to contain his rage. He had been hearing that tone for the most of his life.

"I can't be there because I'm working for Karps" Ben clarified, his voice strong.

"And you did this behind my back" It wasn't a question. It's more like an accusation.

Ben felt like a bucket of ice cold water cascading down his back on how dissapointed his father sounds.

"Do you know how many times I try to persuade them to wait a little longer just for you?" Ben sighed heavily, he wanted to say something but thought otherwise. He does not want to make him more angrier than he already am. And more importantly, he won't be getting anywhere if he continues arguing with his father. His fathet will never understand his dilemma.