18

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Enjoy!

A blast from the past

6 years ago

A week later

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Ben Solo glanced at his wristwatch for the umpteenth time, an annoying expression marring on his handsome face. He and his superior–—Mr. Hernandez were seated near the entrance of the fancy restaurant called Pepper.

The two gentlemen wore a similar black suit with matching ties, with their equally similar build. The only differences is that Mr. Hernandez is a few inches shorter than Ben but on comparison on their build-Ben is more muscular than him. They were both aware of the stares they were getting from the customers but they payed them no heed. They were accustomed to it.

Mr. Hernandez insisted they be seated at the back but Ben was adamant with his decision-saying he wants to keep an eye on the door to see whether their business partner kept their promise or not. And he also wanted to admire the view even though you can't see much since it is raining. The meeting was supposed to be starting 15 minutes ago but Mr. West and his assistant are yet to arrive.

Ben does not like to be kept waiting. If the meeting was to be starting at 10 than it will be at 1O.

No tardiness and certainly no excuses.

He runs his hand through his hair in frustration, feeling a headache coming in from all this stress before grabbing the glass of water to cool himself down. He caught Mr. Hernandez eyes over the brim of his glass, staring at him with amusement making him frown slightly.

"They will be here, soon" Mr. Hernandez inquired, looking as cool as a cucumber. Mr. Hernandez looks like a well known man sitting there looking smug and handsome, with his black locks with a few strands of grey hair slicked back, with those hyptonizing cerulean eyes that has make many people worship him.

"You don't look too worried about it" Ben said to him, seeing the hint of a smile on his face. He couldn't understand how calm and collected his boss is sometimes.

"No, I am not worried" Mr. Hernandez smiled broadly just to get on his nerves. And he's doing a pretty good job at it too. To which Ben scowled at him out of spite.

"Well you should be worried, if they can't keep their promise they might as well never promise anything at all" Ben adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose. He regretted wearing it since it is raining heavily outside. If he knew it was going to rain, he would have worn contacts instead.

"Like I said, they will come" Mr. Hernandez insisted, his arms crossing across his chest.

"And relax chico, it is too early to be angry" He added while looking at Ben to which Ben quickly looked away. He knew his boss was right but he wasn't going to admit it. No way in hell!

Ding!

Ben turned around when he heard the bells indicating a customer was inside only to choke on his saliva. His eyes glanced at the man and woman but focused on the girl standing near the entrance who was fidgeting her hands out of nervousness.

Her amber coloured hair cascaded down her back, the dim light in the restaurant glints her locks making it appears like it's glowing. The yellow jumpsuit she wore frames her slender figure beautifully with cream strapped sandles wrapped on her dainty feet. Her lovely oval face bare from any makeup only red coloured lipstick painted her bow-shaped lips contrast with her fair skin with sharp dark eyebrows and fairly long lashes that brushes her high cheekbones everytime she blinks.