24

Prepare yourself, this one might take a while

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Rey gasped in exasperation. Her lungs are trying to fill as much oxygen as she can. Having to run up to the company in wedges is one difficult task but arguing with the receptionist downstairs was even harder.

She would have driven her car but the tires are flat for now and needed to be repaired. Hailing a cab is out of the question considering she didn't have any money on her. She was on her heels as soon as she had made sure her babies were in good hands under Susan's supervision. Rey was quite hesitant but she had no choice since Maz-her boy's nanny-was away for a holiday in Brazil with her husband. But after some reassurance, she finally gave in.

Earlier, the receptionist-Lilah --halted her from stepping foot into the elevator because she thought Rey was one of the bosses hooker. Rey was outraged with this woman-have she not noticed that she is the bosses personal assistant? Or this woman thought she was superior to others and that it gave her the power to control people as she wished? If that is the case, then this woman is just a disgrace to society.

It started with Rey explaining to her that she works there but the arrogant twat turns a blind eye at her explanation. And that leads to them screaming at each other at the top of their lungs.

They shouted, spouting insults at each other, hands flailing like birds wings up in the air. At this point, no one has the guts to interfere, fearing that their faces will be scratched with Lilah's long fake nails or getting launched by Rey's clenched fist that seems to be clenching even harder as Lilah spouts nonsense at her. It was a freaking disaster!

Rey was screaming due to her frustration and exhaustion that she had to cut her time with the kids and anger at this idiot for her ignorance in knowing her colleagues. Fortunately, a security guard who recognized Rey came in aid. He had explained to Lilah that she worked there and that she plays an important part in the company but the bitch just wouldn't accept it. Rey massaged her temple, feeling a headache coming. Lilah and the security guard argued there until he gave Rey access to go upward-saying the boss was expecting her. That is all it takes for her to make a dash out of there, away from the chaos.

And now here she is, leaning in an elevator on the way up to Ben's office. She found herself nervous for a moment-not knowing what he requested her for. Hearing his voice makes her feel relief and somewhat anxious, it was completely different from before. He sounded almost scared and panicked but nonetheless still intimidating. For what? She does not know.

Ding!

She stepped out once she reached the top floor and started walking briskly to his office-completely unaware of people's stares and whispers. Rey hesitantly knocked, before sighing when she heard his deep alluring voice from behind the door, giving her access.

"You can leave now" Rey visibly shivered when she stumbled into the room, hearing his voice firsthand. Rey looked up only to freeze when she saw a familiar ginger headed man in front of Ben's desk.

"Don't mind if I do" The man said, smiling charmingly at his friend before turning to head out only to stop in his tracks when he saw Rey. His smile only grew wider with a certain joy in his pale green eyes.

"Hi Rey" Rey's mouth was wide open as she found herself at a loss for words. It has been 4 years since she last saw him and didn't have a clue that he was near.

"Hux..."

"It's really nice to see you again" Without any hesitation, Hux enveloped her into a warming hug-leaving her flabbergasted. It didn't took her long to hug him back. She misses him. She find herself grow emotional when she recall of how kind he is to her. How he always treats her with care. He was like a brother she never had. Rey had thought he would turn away when he heard about those false statements of her unfaithfulness to her husband but he had proven her entirely wrong. He's here. Embracing her.