9

I miss Ben Swolo.

* * * * *
"Oh my god, Aaron! Is that really you?" Her eyes widened when she saw her long lost best friend.

They met in college, it was her first year and he was a senior at that time. Rey accidentally bumped into him— while looking for her dorm room. She looked up only to see an attractive masculine man offering her his hand.

And boy was he hot! He looks like your typical next door boy with his deep blue eyes and blond luscious hair. Dimples forming on his cheeks when he smile making him look irresistible. She felt her heart pounding. No one had ever been generous enough to offer their hand after bumping into her. And they didn't bump into her, more like crushing her to the ground!

It's kind of shocking to her that someone was kind to her. Everyone here practically ignores her existence. Well more like they didn't see her considering how tiny she is. They're like giants to her!

"You okay down there?" His deep blue eyes held concern for the girl as he extend his hand which she gladly took. He took her in from top to bottom. She's quite gorgeous he thought to himself while smirking. He got a glimpse of the tiny note she's holding.

Room 66 on the 5th floor, block C

"Yes, thank you for your help but I need to get going. See ya!" She gathered her books scattered around the floor before dashing to find her dorm room. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment. The man blinks, confused at the mysterious girl's behavior.

"Hey wait you're on the wrong direction. Your place is this way. Hey!" He kept shouting when he saw her almost step on a cat. Rey stumbled and fall, the cat underneath her.

"Jesus! lady are you crazy?!" he helped her get up, the black cat with white spots screeched at her before scruffing away. Rey look around her and almost release a cry of anguish.

"Here let me help you" the kind man offer.

"Seriously! Does the universe hates me or something? I just embarrassed myself in front of a hottie! Twice! GOD" Rey muttered to herself thinking he wouldnt hear her. She frezze at her words. She felt her face burned with embarrassment.

I fucking hate my life she thought to herself with a tiny scowl on her face.

"You think I'm hot?" He smiles at her red face

"No sorry you heard that wrong Mr-" Rey felt a lost of word when he extend his hand for the second time.

"Aaron. Aaron Miles" He smiled at her, showing his dimples.

"I'm Rey" the girl muttered, cheeks blushing, shaking his hand while her right arm cluthed all her belongings. "It's really nice to meet you but I need to go and let's just pretend that this never happened okay?"

"Okay then, but your dorm room is that way in case you are still wandering" he point the hall behind him with him thumb "You shouldn't be wondering around since you have class right now. I should be going. See ya!" He waves at her before running in the opposite direction.

Rey blinks trying to process everything that had happened. Before shaking her head and walked to the direction he points to.

Let's hope I don't bump into that guy again. She thought to herself, fumbling her keys to open her dorm door.

Unfortunately, she kept bumping into him-well he was everywhere. They even met outside campus. Rey was outraged with this. She accused him of stalking her and wanted to kill her. Instead of feeling hurt, he simply smiled at her, saying he just wants to be her friend considering how she was always alone. Rey don't know how to feel about that, considering how everyone always ignores her. Rey apologize to him, saying she would like to have a friend. And from then on they become inseparable.

Present

"Rey? Good lord, you look so beautiful!" He commented while hugging her.

"It's been what, 6 years since we last meet?"

"That long? Wow, you look fabulous, as always" Rey took a step back to look at him. Aaron looks the same as before, the only differences is that he dyed his hair black, which doesn't make him less attractive.

"Well, thank you. Do you work here? Because I never see you here before when I was mailing"  he asked.

"You work as a mail man? Wow that's something. Do you enjoy it?

"Yeah, it was the only one with a decent pay. So Rey, do you work here?"

"Yeah, I'm the CEO's assistant"

"Which one? The old one or the younger one?"

"Umm the younger one" Rey said awkwardly, fidgeting her fingers when her mind fills with Ben.

"Oh! I never knew Mr. Solo resigned" Aaron said his face looks shocked.

"Yeah, he resigned way back before I came here" Aaron hummed before shrugging his shoulders.

"How's working for his son? I heard he is really difficult to handle with and he was a spoilt brat" Aaron said making Rey turned her head towards him.

"Where did you heard that?" he shrugged nonchalantly. "I heard it from the girls who kept on caking up their faces when I was sending mails".

"And you believe them? You do know that they're just talking nonsense right?" Rey asked. She doesn't know why, but she had this sudden urge to defend Ben. She mentally remind herself it was because he was her boss and she needs to look out for his reputation.

Aaron stared at her for a while. Rey felt shivers run down her spine when she looks him in the eye—and not in the good way. An unreadable emotion passed through his eyes before it was gone just as it came.

He smiled at her before saying: "Do you have a crush on him or something?" Rey's cheeks flushed with redness making Aaron chuckled dryly. Before he could tease her more his phone buzz. He picked it up— glancing at the screen with a blank expression, all traces of humour gone.

"Hey, yeah yeah  I know. I'm on my way" He disconnects it before glancing at a confused Rey. "Your boss needs you now huh" Aaron rubbes his neck. "Yeah I need to go. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, sure" Rey stood there watching his retreating figure untill it was gone. She felt something was wrong with that phone call. He keep on glancing at her with a hidden smile.
Rey shrugged her shoulders before walking towards Bens office to tell him the meeting room is ready. Must have been my imagination.

She hopes she doesn't take too long, if not he'll surely be mad at her. She opened the door without knocking only to gasp loudly. She wishes she never open that door.