22

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
A blast from the past

6 years ago

5 months later

In the Solo's mansion

"Where the fuck are you?!" Ben groaned in frustration, his hands rummaging the surface of his furnitures in search of the familiar structure of his eyewear

He was searching it underneath the bed, incase it fell off his bedside table when he was asleep but it was fruitless. The damn thing were nowhere to be found. "Fuck! I swore it was right here!" He got onto his feet and runs his hand through his hair—he have this urge to punch himself for being irresponsible.

"Come out you idiot! I need you" Screaming won't help the situation but Ben was getting desperate at this point.

Ben walked to his door, his head peeking out to call his mother. "Mom"

"Mom!" His voice turned octave when there is no response. He continues to scream until he heard light but rushed footsteps coming up the marble stairs, indicating she was on her way.

A petite woman with dark auburn hair emerges from behind the door, her yellow sundress shines brightly under the sun that it makes it hard for Ben to look at her. The woman wore light makeup on her face—it seems impossible to know that she is in her late 50's. She looked strangely young for her age.

"What is it now?" Leia, his mother, frowned at him—her hands on her hips in question for his sudden interruption for whatever preparation she is making for the party.

"Have you seen my glasses?" Leia rolled her eyes, her frown getting deeper that before. How many times a day has her son misplaced his glasses since he was 16? Leia could bet that it was more than his own monthly salary.

"No, did you loose them again? Sweety, I've told you many times to put it on the nightstand before going to bed"

Leia walked around his room which is surprisingly spotless today unlike the usual messy room with the stench of leftover pizza on his couch that the maids didn't succeed in scuffing it off. She can still remember the awful smell that leaves her gagging violently. Leia searched for them just how he had done but a little more reserved.

"Last night I placed it here but now it's gone" Ben cocked his head onto his bedside table, his arms crossing over each other. He was leaning on his door, eyes gazing his mother moving the whole perimeter of his room in help of searching his damn glasses.

"Maybe it's under the bed" Leia suggested, crouching onto the ground to look under the bed. She shakes her head momentarily when it wasn't there.

"No, I've checked everywhere! It's not here" Leia turned her head to him, eyes moving from his crossed arms to his head. Her eyes zeroed on the object sitting a top his head before getting on her feet, eyes throwing daggers at him.

"Then what's that thing on your head, hotshot?"

"What?" Ben plamed his hair until he felt a familiar frame that he always wear everyday. His face turned to a mixture of surprise and recognition.

"What the—oh" He pulled the glasses from his head, wearing it properly this time and looking at his mother sheepishly.

"I can't believe I wasted my time for this"

She was on her way out when he speak "Sorry...how's the preparation going?" Ben had moved to seat on his bed and gestured for his mother to do the same. She sat reluctantly, her figure appears much more smaller when sitting beside him. Ben had grown to be a big man just like his father. Sometimes people would think she was his sister considering how young and small she is instead of looking like a mother. How ridiculous!