Chapter 10- Ruined Date

* Hayden*

" MOMMY LOOK! ELEPHANT!" Jace little feet dashed to the gate where the elephants were. Cute kid.

" Wow look baby..their so big." She said in amusement herself.

Her eyes were wide as she looked at the elephants through the thick black bar gates. Her fingers grasped the gate leaning closer and closer. Hasn't she seen an elephant before?

" Hady I wanna see lions?" Jace turned his big blue eyes towards me full of hope.

" Of course we can go see the lions bud." I grabbed his little hand and his mothers leading then the way.

" There's real life lions here?" She asked with a gasp.

" Of course there is darlin. You never been to a zoo before?"

I turned and looked over to her to see her starring at the ground while walking. What did I say?

" Mommy! Hady! Look Simba."

Jace laughed running towards the fence eagerly. I grabbed him by his waist hoisting him up in the air.

" Woah hey now buddy slow down. Don't get too close to the gate. I don't want anything to happen to you. Okay buddy?" He nodded.

" Wow they are mesmerizing." Alexis watched as the lion walked around it's family slowly like it was protecting them.

" They are." I grabbed her hand with mine. Her eyes snapped to our hands th n she looked up at me with a knowing smirk. She laughed shaking her head but didn't make an effort of letting go.

It was now lunch time so we went back to my house for some sandwiches and junk.

" Have fun buddy?"

" Yeah!" Jace yawned.

" Time for nap baby but let's wash hands." After we washed out hands Jace had fell asleep on the couch. So me and Alexis say at the table and ate.

" I had a very good time Hayden thank you."

" Anything for you darlin." I winked.

" Everything was so amazing. I think I enjoyed myself more than bbay boy."

" You never been to a zoo before?" I asked. She looked down at her food then to the side.

" Hey hey." I lifted her chin making our eyes connect with each other. " Don't be ashamed darlin. I'm not going to judge or hurt you. Open up to me..let me in. If you don't want to talk about it now we can move on if you'd like." She shook her head.

" Um growing up..I didn't have much money. My family was very poor and it..it was hard. I never been to a zoo. That's why I worked so hard to become a lawyer. I worked hard to become a lawyer and to make a better future for Jace."

" Well you did a great job darling." I picked up her hand and kissed it.

" I don't know why but I feel very comfortable with you Hayden." I smiled.

" Same."

" Your just so charming and handsome and your kind and caring. Your very sweet. Your parents did a marvelous job." She complimented.

" Thank you darlin but when it comes to looks you defiantly still the show?" I smiled at her. She started giggling like a school girl which made me laugh.

" Gosh Hayden you give me little butterflies." She confessed.

" Dido."

We were smiling looking in each others eyes. I looked down at her perfect lips then back up at her eyes determining whether I should kiss her or not. I bit my lip and just decided to go ahead and kiss her. She leaned toward more so I could give her the kiss until.

" Hay-" We turned our heads to see Caroline who was wearing a flannel shirt and jeans. She was also sweating so I knew she was working on the farm. I looked her in her eyes to see a very angry expression and tears in her eyes.

" I get it! I get it okay! I screwed up..but doesn't mean you have to flaunt women in my face." She yelled then she ran up the stairs. I looked over at Alexis with an apologetic look.

" Please I'm sorry just let me clear things up with her." I patted Alexis arm. I chased after Caroline to her room.

" Caroline please stop making this about you." I rolled my eyes.

" Your hurting me.."

" How?" I crossed my arms.

" Your bringing these women around to make me regret what I did to your but I still love you and you and your bring this woman around me to make me re-"

" This isn't about you!" I yelled at her.

" I've moved on Caroline I have and its time for me to be happy! If you don't like it then leave." I turned around but she grabbed my arm.

" I want you to be happy...I still love you and I esnr you to forgive me and stop these acts so we can get back together." I snatched my arm away.

" We are never getting back together. I can forgive you but I have moved on..you need to except that too Caroline." I said trying to be patient with her.

" Do you at least still love me?" She asked with pleading eyes.

" Caroline.." I said getting irratated.

" Please I just need to know."

I stared down at those big blue eyes I had once been in love with. All the memories flooded to my head of us being together so happily in love but doesn't mean I want to be with her anymore. All that is from the past and I don't see an us in the future.

" Of course... I love you b-" She jumped and kissed me in a forceful kiss. Just before I could pull away I herd a gasp. I tore away to see Alexis standing there with Jace holding her hand. His eyes were big just as well.

" I uh-I..." Alexis couldn't get anything out of her mouth so instead she took off with Jace.

" Alexis!" I called after her. I turned and looked at Caroline who was shocked as well.

" Hayd-"

" Get your stuff and get out!" I yelled at her. I ran down the stairs and out the door to see Alexis locking Jace in his seat.

" Alexi-"

" Listen if you were using me you don't have to worry about breaking it off-"

" No no no Alexis she kissed me out of the blue." I tried to explain.

" I'm sorry Hayden but I just can't do this..me and you-" I grabbed her shoulders with both hands making her look me in the eyes.

" Alexis please she kissed me I didn't know what was happening. I'm sorry I am please just give us a chance. I have no feelings for her at all." Alexis eyes filled with tears.

" I'm sorry I just can't go through this again I just can't." She pulled away and got in her car. I watched her car drive down the driveway.

I was just starting to fall for her.