Chapter 6- Jace Meets Hayden

* Alexis*

" Rubber ducky your the one! You make bath time lots of fun! Rubber ducky I love you in the tubby!"

Jace and I sung as I bathed him in the bath tub.

" Mommy?" Jace called as he picked up the bubbles in his tiny hands.

" Yes baby?"

" Where's daddy?" I sighed.

" Daddy is um..at home and you'll see him soon okay? You and me are on a little vacation."

" What's dat?" He blew the bubbles.

" Um a break in another place." I wrapped the towel around him and proceed to getting him dressed.

" Mommy what's for breakfast? Where my bed? Where are we?"

" Um let's just go get some breakfast honey."

Its fall time now so we had to dress warm. So I wore a dark blue long sleeve shirt with regular blue jeans and a pair of uggs. I dressed him in a baby blue sweatshirt and jeans as well with his little converse with a little beanie and another jacket.

" Okay come on bubby." I buckled him up. I got in the car and turned on the car but the car just would not start.

" Uh oh." Jace said.

" Come on." I banged the steering wheel but it just wouldn't start. " Kay bubby we are going to walk to the neighbors house and see if he can help."

I thought of Hayden. So we walked down the road and it was kind of far but I can see his huge house from a distance.

" Mommy I'm tired." Jace whined. I picked him up and carried him the rest of the way. I buzzed the huge golden gates.

" Hello?" His deep voice answered.

" Hi its me Alexis from down the road my car broke down and I wanted to see if you could help me please?"

" Alexis! Oh yeah come right in please." The gates immediately opened and I walked all the way to the door out of breath.

" Ale- whoah are you alright?" He asked because I was breathing heavily.

" I...uh..i-"

" Come in and let me take him for you."

" I got- go ahead." He took a sleeping Jace from my arms and lead up to his gigantic living room.

" I'm so sorry to interrupt your day but my car broke down and I was seeing if you could help me take it to a repair shop and I'll just get a rental until its fixed."

" Nonsense just use one of mine." He shrugged.

" I'm sorry I can't do that I barely know you and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your car-"

" Are you guys hungry? I know a great pancake house in town."

" That's nice but we can make it on our own." I said stubbornly. He chuckled.

" I'm pretty sure just I know you guys are hungry its only eight in the morning. Please let me help?" He pleaded.

" If you take us to this pancake house you have to let me get my own car. Deal?" He hesitated but agreed.

" Mommy." Jace woke up calling me.

" Yes baby?"

" Can we got eat some bweakfast now."

" Of course bubby. Um bubby this is Hayden, Hayden this is my son Jace."

" Hey little buddy." Hayden kneeled down next to him.

" I'm not little! I'm a big boy." Jace puffed his chest. I chuckled. " That's right baby."

" Well excuse me big man."

" That's better." Hayden laughed and ruffled his hair.

*********************************

" Theseph arph theph bestph pancakesph I everph tastedph." ( These are the best pancakes I ever tatsed).

Jace said with his mouth full of food.

Me and Hayden laughed.

" So I take it you guys aren't from here. Where you from?"

" Um we are from California."

" Why the big move?"

" I needed to get away a new start at life things just weren't working out."

" I thought you said we were on vavation mommy?"

" Eat your food Jace."

" So you just moved so I take it you need furniture?"

" Believe me I didn't come here with nothing Hayden I can take care of us by myself." I said kind of harshly.

" I was just asking a question...I'm sorry." He looked down at his plate. I felt kind of guilty so I spoke up.

" Hey." I grabbed his hand and his eyes shot up towards me. " I'm sorry..I don't mean to come off mean I just...I went through a lot and I'm a little frustrated still. Its nothing towards you okay?"

" Okay.." An awkward silence fell over the table.

" So Hayden do you have a pet?" Jace sipped his orange juice.

" I have a whole farm buddy. When my grandfather passed he gave me just about everything. I have cows, horses, chickens, pigs, and I have two dogs. I have a husky named Jazz and a golden retriever named Jax."

Jace face lit up like it was Christmas.

" Mommy! CAN I PLAY WITH HAYDEN'S DOGGIE'S!" Jace screamed.

" Jace stop screaming and not today bud I have to go get a new car and furniture shopping oh and groceries baby. Maybe another time okay?" I tried to reason.

" But that's boring.."

" Sorry Jace." He started crying.

" I wanna play with doggie's." I love my baby but I despies his little pouting and his tantrums.

" No Jace now stop whining."

" I wanna play!" He started banging on the table and it was gaining attention from people. Jesus I'm gonna tear his little ass up. 

" Hey Had buddy remember when you told me you were a big boy? Well Jace I'm a big boy too and big boys don't cry and through tantrums that's for babies and we aren't babies."

Jace stopped crying and wiped his face.

" Okay."

" We need to get going now thanks for the help Hayden."

" Oh please come over for dinner? I'm making a very good lasagna dish and I have to have someone taste it. Please? Then Jace and play with the dogs..."

" Okay um I'll see you at six then?"

" Its a date and don't be late." Hayden winked.