Chapter 14- Save Me From Insecurity

* Alexis*

When I arrived home I made sure I loved on my baby Jace. Time flew by as he and Hayden had told me about their day and soon it was time for Jace to go to bed. I had layed him down and wished him goodnight and gave him lots of love and kisses.

I made my way to the bathroom and ran a bath for myself. I am bone tired and I just need rest and too relax. As I took off my clothes I watched myself on the mirror. My milk chocolate skin glowed under the bathroom light.

" See her.. Ugh what is a nigger like her doing here? I can't believed they hired a nigga. Hopefully she's just a janitor."

I flintched remembering overhearing the women at mg job talk about me like I was a disease towards the office.

" Look at the ghetto whore..since when was William into jungle fever? He shouldn't be hanging with her kind they only want money after sex."

Tears gathered in my eyes remembering what people said about me when they herd me and William were together. I honestly felt like shit while being with him.

" You will never make it to be a lawyer! You think we want a nigga in politics? You don't belong why don't you go back to wherever you come from. Your worthless and your waisting your time."

I took off my earrings remembering what a college professor had told me. He no longer works at the college anyways.

" You really thought I loved you? I only dated you because your a black girl and I herd what black girls love to do. So you getting on your knees or what?"

My college white boyfriend had told me. I really thought he was into me. He was so nice and sweet only to get head and when he found out I wasn't giving up any he spreaded rumors about me. Of course no one believed his ass because they all knew and liked me and knew I wasn't that kind of girl.

All my life I had been talked down about by people because of my skin color. Of course I had put on a bold face and made it and proved all of them wrong but doesn't mean their words didn't hurt me or caused any insecurity. I was very very insecure about myself when I first married William and he knew why.

He did everything in his power to get me out of that mindset and he succeeded. He made sure I knew he loved me and I know he does. Deep down I love him too. Maybe that's why he left me. He got tired of putting up with my insecurity or became unattracted because of my skin color.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My semi light brown eyes sparkled with tears looking in the mirror. My pink pouty lips went perfectly with my skin. My black curly hair sat on my shoulders resting. I looked at some of the stretch marks on my stomach and my inner thighs. This is probably why William started cheating I'm not perfect for him anymore.

I finally sat in the tub letting my body rest. I had wet my hair and it began sticking to my back. Soon I felt my tears spilling my eyes and running down my cheeks. I felt my shoulders shaking from crying. I felt a hand on my back pushing me foward. Hayden sat behind me and held me.

" Shhhb baby..don't cry darlin." Hayden's country accent rang through my ear. His hands rubbed his hands up and down my arms. My crying calmed as he continued to whisper sweet words in my ears.

" Baby tell me what's wrong so I can fix it?" I shook my head and just rested against his chest.

" Alexis baby please open up to me love." He kissed my shoulder.

" Do you love me?" I croaked.

" Look at me." I turned around and stared into his beautiful light blue eyes. He started at me with such a concern it made my eyes water. I haven't been looked at like that in a long time. That's how I know he really cares about me.

" I don't know what's wrong with you or what anyone has told you but never doubt my love for you Alexis. You are the only woman I want and need. I can't even look at another woman anymore because I have you.

You and Jace have brought such happiness in my life I didn't even know it existed. I love you Alexis Dona. You and your- our beautiful son. Your gorgeous, intelligent, kind, caring, honest, can be fiesty and sexy as hell. Your high minded and confident.

Your brave and bold and your so perfect to me. You are everything I need Alexis and I believe god has chosen us to be together for a reason. I love you so much Alexis so much you don't understand. I haven't loved another woman since Caroline. Your special and I love and adore you and Jace."

His thumbs wiped away my fallen tears. I was so happy. I grabbed his hands by his thumbs and kissed them. I rubbed my chrdks on his hands enjoying the comforting warm feeling they given me. At this point I didn't care if he saw me naked because he loves me for me and I love him for him.

" Your not real Hayden.." I doubted. A triumphant smile crossed his face and he chuckled.

" Your such an angel Alexis." He bought me into a warm hug. At this point we were chest to chest with no clothes but we didn't seem to mind.

I lay in bed facing my saviour from my heartbroken life as we opened up to each other more.

" So Alexis why did you become a lawyer?" He held onto my waist staring at me with amazement.

" Well I grew up in a very rough neighborhood and my family we couldn't afford much so I busted my ass during college. Everyone was telling me I would be like everyone else. Be a failure and never make it out of the neighborhood so I thought of the first successful thing I could think of and that was a laywer. I told them that they laughed in my face.

Best believe they aren't laughing at me now. When everyone found out I gpf accepted into Dartmouth they started kissing my ass telling me never to forget about them. I don't do anything for those people specifically but I do donate the community center."

" Well darling I am proud of you." He kissed my hands while strocking my hair.

" Hayden I love you so much ane you make me so happy." I leaned foward and kissed his lips. Before I could back away he held me in place and kept kissing me. All of a sudden thunder started making a very loud noise outside.

I jumped away and we began laughing. Soon the door opened and Jace ran into our bed with his teddy bear.

" Hayday." I was shocked when Jace clung to Hayden instead of me. Damn I've been replaced already.