Chapter 16- Oh God

* Alexis*

" Wake up Angel.." I don't bother to stir I'm already awake I'm just enjoying this.

" Wake up baby." I felt soft kisses on my neck and face. I tried to hole my smile as he began sucking on my neck.

" Wake up darlin." He wrapped his arms around me tightly so we were chest to chest as he kissed my colar bone.

" I know your not sleep Lexi." He chuckled in my ear. I felt his lips on my ear lobe then a bite. I giggled and slapped his arms playfully.

" Stop it baby." I sighed as he started yo create a hickey on my neck. It felt so good but I wasn't about to be walking in the law firm showing off my hickey.

" So pumpkin I got a great day planned for all of us." Hayden rubbed his nose against mine.

" What's that baby?"

" I'm going to teach you how to be a cow girl and Jace how to be a cowboy." I rolled my eyes.

" Babe I hate to sound like a bummer but I'm a city girl and I don't like to get my fingers dirty but Jace on the other hand-"

" Uh uh uh." Hayden shook his head. " If you gone be with me you gone get them there fingers dirty lady." 

Hayden talked in his sexy country accent. I love him! Its such a turn on.

" Wow your true colors starting to come out bae?"

" You know it girl. Now get up out this bed. I bought us matching outfits."

Low and behold I had a green and blue plaid shirt along with a tan cowboy hat with blue jeans and brown boots. Jace and Hayden had the same thing.

After taking a shower I put on the clothes and left my hair in its natural curls because if I would have flay ironed my hair it would have been sweated out by the end of the day.

" Ready darlin?" Hayden had his hands on his hips with his chest poking out of his shirt because a few buttons were undone. He looked sexy as hell with that cowboy hat on. I can't take it.

" You look so hot." He grabbed my shirt undoing the buttons then kissing my chest.

" Baby come on stop it." I moaned pushing him away.

" Come on I want to do it baby! I'm tired of waiting. Make hot passionate love to me Hayden I don't care I don't want to wait anymore." He said desperately.

" Babe let's just..give me sometime babe. I want it to be so special and not disturbed. Okay?"

" I mean come on Alexis? How long are you going to keep me waiting?"

" Don't be childish about it Hayden. We both agreed to wait a year unless one of us purposes and we get married before."

" Your right I just never went this long with someone without sex. I'm sorry." He pulled me into a kiss.

" Its okay babe let's just hold on. I want you to do what you said you were going to do to me the night I came over and made up with you." He chuckled and slapped my ass.

" I can't wait girl." We grabbed hands and ran down the stairs.

" I'm sta-" I stopped when I saw Caroline with a bald head in the kitchen. 

" C-C-Caroline?" Hayden blinked a couple of times. She gave us a weak smile and shrugged her shoulders.

" I have something I need to tell you. Have a seat." We both slowly sat down in front of Caroline who still wore that weak smile on her face.

" I need to ask a favour of you guys."

" What?"

" To take care of my baby." A tear slid down her white pale face. I soon noticed that she looked a sickly pale color and looked skinnier.

" What? Why? What's going on Caroline?" Hayden spoke sternly.

" I have stage four cancer." She clasp her hands together. My heart dropped into my stomach.

" H-wh- I...oh god." I covered my mouth with my hand to stop from crying.

" I knew for a while I just didn't know how to tell you guys." Caroline sat next to me grabbing my hands.

" Caroline why didn't you tell me?! I could have helped up?!" Hayden stood up shaking with mixed emotions. She signed wiping away her tears.

" I figured I deserved this. I cheated on you and I got my punishment. I couldn't you were so mad at me-"

" I'm so stupid. I should have put my pride and hurt a-"

" Stop it! This isn't your fault Hayden! Its no ones fault. When I give birth to my child I won't be able to...survive. I'm too weak and I'd be giving all my energy out. I need you take care of Connor. Yes Connor." She said.

" I'm so sorry Carol-"

" I don't want pity I just want to know you'll take good care of my baby." She sobbed.

" We will. We will raise him like our own child." Hayden said bravely.

" Thank you. Hayde. I just want you to know how sorry I am for the way I treated you. I will always love you and you will always be in my heart."

Hayden grabbed Caroline in his arms and held her tight in his arms as she cried. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.

" I forgive you Caroline. You will always be loved and cherished in my heart. We are all human and make stupid ass mistakes. Thank you for going to Alexis and explaining everything. You are an honorable woman and will be remembered."

She nodded and gave him a long kissnon the cheek.

" Does your family know?" She sighed and nodded.

" They were devastated but we all reconsiled and spent time together as a whole family." I nodded and gave her a hug.

" Oh Caroline."

We all sat on the couch holding Caroline in our arms. For what might be the last time.