Chapter 19- Real Liar

* Alexis*

" Alexis you don't have to go." Caroline said watching me pack my suit case. Things were a little bit too heated five days ago. I need to go back to Arizona in order to fight in court for my divorce.

" But I do Carol. I don't think I will be coming back to this house. I don't want to miss the birth of Connor though." I said rubbing her stomach.

" There is still a month left don't worry." She rubbed my arm. " After all the baby is my step son." She frowned.

" I'm sorry-"

" Carol stop. I'm not mad at you or the baby darling. You gotta learn to let go sometimes Carol." I zipped up my last suit case. " Keep the house though."

" When and if you come back it's always open to you." I smiled and gave her a bone crushing hug.

" I love you Carol take care darling and I will be back to check on you soon okay?"

" Okay."

" I need to make one more stop. Can you watch bubby for me?"

" Of course."

I knocked on the big wooden door a couple of times. No one answered. I see his truck parked here but he's not coming to the door. I turned the knob and it opened.

" Hayden!" I called. I spotted him in the kitchen just leaning against the counter drinking a beer.

" Hayden." I signed twirling the jewelry box in my hand.

" What?" He said calmly.

" I-I-"

" Damn it get it out already!" He yelled impatiently making me jump.

" I'm leaving." He chuckled taking another drink shaking his head.

" What you rekindled with that cheating bitch?" He spat. I winced.

" No. I'm going to fight for my side of the divorce."

" You know when you asked me at dinner about my chidhod I didn't want to tell you. I was a fucking twelve year old alcoholic. I drank and drank and drank. You want to know how?.." He laughed taking another drink.

" Because my mother did it when my biological father left her with nothing but a used condom he used on some cheap whore and you know what he was drunk that night.

I watched her drink five years of her life and my life away. She seemed to raise her alcohol instead of raising me. My grandfather found me face down in bath tub at the age sixteen because I was binge drinking and it almost took my life! So he put me and my mother in rehab.

I haven't touched another drink since sixteen. I didn't drink at parties, or my twenty first birthday or the death of my grandfather or when Caroline left me for your husband!"

He gulped the rest of the beer down and sighed. I wiped my tears away and walked up to him.

" Hayden I'm so so sorry baby I am! I am! I'm sorry.. I didn't know a way to tell you I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to lose you so soon.. I know your mad but baby I love you and its real. I haven't been happy in four years but when I met you I am happy. I'm on cloud nine." I grabbed his hands and he made no movement to move away.

" I should be the sorry one." He whispered. I looked up at him confused.

" Why?" I backed away.

" I am a man of revenge Alexis. When Caroline cheated I found out who the an was and it was your husband. I also pictures of you and your child. When o saw you I realized that I could get him back. So the day I took Jace to work I knew pictures would be taken and posted. I used you to get back at him for revenge and the. I was going to leave you."

I covered my mouth to stop my sobs.

" But I stopped because I fell in love with you and I love you and I don't think that way anymore. I love you." He grabbed my arms pulling me close.

" Stop it let me go! You turned this on me and made me look like the bad guy but you had your motive from the beginning! I loved you!"

" Wait please." I walked away and ran out to my car.

" Please I'm sorry lets work this out." Hayden started crying.

" Leave me alone!" I pushed him. I got my car and left.

I can't believe that he did this to me! I trusted him with my son and he betrayed me in the worst way and my worst time. Things just aren't getting better for me. I just have bad luck with men I guess.