McLaggen

It was another Friday, and we were all in the Great Hall eating. Harry suddenly came in and sat down.

"You have no idea what Dumbledore just told me." He beamed. I set my fork and knife down to give attention to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, he said that in order to defeat Voldemort, we need to know his past. So he's going to show it to me, through the Pensieve." Harry explained.

"Hold on, Tom's got everything to do with me as much as with you, then why hasn't he invited me?" I asked. Harry shrugged.

"But I promise I'll tell you everything that I learn. The first meeting is tonight at 7:00." Harry assured me. I still wasn't entirely convinced, but I returned back to my food. That's when a letter fluttered down and rested on my lap. I looked up to see no owls, it was as if it came from thin air.

"What's that?" Ron asked. I shrugged, picking up the letter. At first, I thought it was from Edmund, but he usually gives it to me in a black envelope. I opened it and read it out.

Dear Miss Y/L/N,

You have been invited to join Professor Slughorn in the "Slug Club" for dinner.

Tonight at 7:00 pm.

Wish to see you there,

Professor Slughorn

They all looked at me, as confused as I was. "Well, when I helped Dumbledore recruit Slughorn to come back to Hogwarts-"

"-you did what?" I asked, but he continued.

"-He said he had a club for all the quote "cool kids" or basically kids with cool parents or that are extremely talented." As he explained, a similar envelope landed on him. The third landed on Hermione.

Neither Ron nor Tewkesbury seemed to have gotten one.

"Well, I had plans to study tonight, guess I need to go to the library earlier than I thought. Hermione was smiling ear to ear at the thought of being invited. Her parents weren't powerful or popular, so she knew she got in because of pure talent.

"Well, I can't go." Harry said, discarding the letter aside. "Not like I really want to." Ron didn't pay any attention. I knew he was worried about tryouts for the Quidditch team today.

"Ron, eat you're going to need your energy." I told him. He looked at the food, as if revolted, and shook his head.

"C'monn, Harry's Captain, that's got to give you some leverage." I said. He hesitantly took a bite.

"There we go." I smiled, going back to my food. "We'll all be there to cheer you on." I told him. He finished his food, slowly, but surely.

I on the other hand, was looking forward to Slughorn's dinner. I wanted to see what it was all about. But first, I had to get through my day.

---Time Skip to Tryouts---

It was cold and windy out. I shivered as I walked down to the pitch with Hermione. I was glad I wasn't trying out today. I don't think I would be able to focus on Quidditch with everything going on around me. I went to go sit down on the bleachers and looked at all the people.

I saw all the usual people trying out, Angeline, Katie, Ron, but then I saw some newer people like a certain boy with golden blonde hair. He looked strong and well built. He scanned the crowd on the bleachers, as he looked at me, he gave a little smile.