Sectumsempra

After a couple of days, both Ron and I were back to our health. After a couple of weeks, things had returned to normal...well as normal as things got around Hogwarts. At this point, Harry was so stressed about retrieving the memories from Slughorn, that's all he would think about. And of course, conspiracies between Edmund and Draco. He stopped greeting Ed nicely and would occasionally throw him dirty looks.

And so, there was silence in the common room tonight as we sat around. Until Harry stood up.

"That's it, I know how to get the memories." Harry said standing up and going to his room. I was going to ask him why but at this point I'm sure he'll explain himself. Just as quickly as he went upstairs, he came back down, now clutching something in his hand.

"This." He showed us the little bottle of Felix Felicis.

"B-But I thought you used it up on..." The event slowly dawned on me "OH! You tricked Ron and everyone else into thinking you put it in so Ron would think he had good luck on his side when he played."

"Hey!" Ron grumbled.

"It worked didn't it?" Harry grinned. "And now...I feel like it's the right time to use it." He said. He opened the bottle and chugged its contents.

"How do you feel?" Hermione asked. Harry's eyes were wider than usual.

"Great!" He gave us a big smile.

"Uhh okay so- Where are you off to?" I started to ask but Harry suddenly stood up and walked to the door.

"Hagrid's." Harry simply said.

"Harry, remember the memories? Slughorn?" I reminded him.

"Yeah, but...I feel like it's the place to be tonight, you know what I mean?" He asked.

"Uhh..." I slowly shook my head.

"Okay then, don't wait on me!" He turned around leaving. He was acting really weird, but I decided to trust Felix and hope that Harry got the memories.

We stayed up a little to wait for Harry, but he never came. When it was late enough, everyone went up to bed. Hermione, Ron, and Tewkesbury wanted to wait until the morning to ask how it went.

I stayed up on the couch, eager for the results. I didn't notice when I fell asleep until I felt myself being shook awake. "Harry!" I exclaimed as I rubbed my eyes. "Did you get them?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but raised a small vial up with silvery liquid floating inside. "I don't know what the memory is, but tomorrow Dumbledore and I are going to figure it out." He smiled.

"Oh, this is great news!" I said. I was actually glad. Maybe the memory held something that would help me escape my ties with Tom. Maybe Dumbledore could do something to help me never perform the task.

"You should sleep now, you stayed up way too late for me." Harry suggested. I yawned and nodded, going upstairs and welcoming the sweet sleep that came over me.

---

I woke up slightly late for breakfast. I hurriedly shoved all my books in my bag and rushed down the stairs to the common room. Everyone was already in the Great Hall. Or so I had thought. As I rushed out of the common room, practically jogging to the Great Hall. I was about to take a left turn down a hall when I saw Edmund storming off to another corridor.

He seemed annoyed, and...anxious? I didn't call out to him, he seemed upset. But then a couple seconds late, I saw Harry go in the same direction as Edmund. Harry was in fury. I ran down the hall to follow them both.

I barely caught a wisp of Harry's hair disappearing at the end of the hallway. I jogged up to the spot where I had last seen him. Had he...gone in the girl's broken bathroom? It was unlikely. I heard a shout come from the bathroom. It was definitely Edmund's.

TW: Mention of Blood

I stormed inside; wand raised ahead of me. What I saw was utter carnage. The stalls were broken. The taps were running, making the floor glisten and slippery. Worst of all, Edmund and Harry had their wands pointed at each other.

"Guys what-"

"Sectumsempra!" Harry shouted. The spell hit Edmund square in the chest, and he fell back.

"HARRY!" I screamed, pushing past Harry to where Edmund lay. Multiple gashes soaked Edmund's shirt in red. The blood oozed out, making the water around him also turn a murky shade of crimson. I tried to cover the cuts in some way or to stop the bleeding, but nothing worked.

Edmund's eyes were closed, and I was glad, because if they were open, I don't think I could've seen them so dark and empty. My hands shook and tears poured out, dripping down my face. A warm pair of hands lifted me up.

"No...Ed..." I mumbled.

"They'll be fine, let's get you cleaned up first." The person muttered. Indeed I saw Snape walk over to Edmund's body, slowly fixing his cuts.

"I recommend you to not take Y/N to the Hospital Wing. Dumbledore needs to have no account of this." Snape said to the person holding me. They nodded leading me out.

"W-what happened Newt?" I asked once I finally got over the shock of things.

"Here, let's get you changed up, then I'll explain." Newt said. He took me to the Hufflepuff common room. It was a bright place, with florals and plants everywhere. Newt then led me up to his dormitory.

He sat me on the bed and then rummaged around. "First of all, your clothes have blood on them so...." He pulled out a sweater and a pair of sweatpants from his closet. He made me stand up and showed me the bathroom.

"Change into this and then we'll talk." He instructed. He closed the bathroom door and waited outside to offer me some privacy to change. I took off my shirt which was indeed covered in blood. Turns out so were the rest of my clothes. I put a drying spell on my under garments, and then wore Newt's clothes on top.

Although a tad big, they were soft, comfortable, and cozy. And they smelled just like him which was nice. I walked and he motioned for me to sit on the bed across from him.

"This morning, Katie Bell was released from the Hospital. Harry went up to her to ask her who had given her the cursed box. She said she didn't remember. The only thing she remembered was Edmund was nearest to the bathrooms. That's all she said. Harry looked at Edmund who was already walking out of the hall. Of course, that raises suspicion, so Harry followed him. One thing led to another and well...."

"So...Harry thinks Edmund cursed Katie..." I said.

"and poisoned Ron." Newt added.

"Do you believe him?" I asked. Newt took a deep breath in.

"I do Y/N. I've always told you I had a weird feeling about Edmund...and Tewkesbury for that sake. I had the same feeling with Draco the other day and well...." He hesitated, not meeting my eyes.

"Go on tell me." I urged him. He looked up.

"I have a similar feeling with you, Y/N." He said, pausing for my reaction. When I didn't say anything, he continued on.

"I don't know, ever since 6th year started, ever since you got taken by the death eaters, you're different. More secretive. More aloof. And Y/N, I trust you so much, but something inside me is telling me not to. And no matter how much I push that feeling down, it keeps rising. Are you- Is there.... something you need to tell me? Are-are you okay?" He asked earnestly.

No, I'm nowhere near okay. For a moment, I wanted to give in. I wanted to look deep in those warm, brown eyes and tell Newt everything. Everything that I had been pressured into doing. Everything that I had yet to do. I just wanted to cry and let everything out. Most importantly, I wanted someone to listen.

Instead, I shook my head.

"I'm fine."