Newt's Story

I've been getting a lot of comments about making an alternative ending with Newt. I would...but I really think that would complicate things too much.

It's already really hard making two sequels because a lot of the times I mix up the names and the events

But worry not. Newt is my latest obsession and I want to work with his character more, so *hint hint* you might see his own story coming up soon.

I'm not making any promises, but do know that I am not done with Newt, although he may not play as important of a part in this story.

I awoke to the sizzle of breakfast. I untangled myself from Newt's arm as he snored peacefully. But pretty soon he was awake too. At breakfast, Harry described his new vision about Voldemort. Newt was on the couch, listening to the radio.

"He's found him. Vol- You-Know-Who. He's found Gregorovitch" Harry said.

"The wandmaker?" Hermione asked.

"Yes. How'd you know?" Harry looked up.

"Viktor got his wand from Gregorovitch. Most Durmstrang students did at one time. What's he got to do with You-Know-Who?" Hermione asked.

"You-Know-Who wants something Gregorovitch once had, dunno what. But he's desperate to have it. It's as if his life depends on it." Harry explained. The radio squawked loudly, and Harry's eyes flared. He stood up to turn it off.

"Don't. It... comforts him." I said, stopping him.

"Well, it sets my teeth on edge. What's he expecting to hear? Good news?" Harry sat back down.

"I think he just hopes he doesn't hear bad news. It gets him through the day." I said.

"And what gets you through the day?" Harry snapped. I was taken aback.

"We've all made sacrifices, Harry." Hermione spoke up. Harry eyed her expressionlessly, nodding toward the tent.

"How long before he can travel?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. It takes time. I'm doing all I can." She looked down.

"You're not doing enough." Harry snapped.

"You're being an asshole, Harry. Take it off." I said sharply. He seemed confused. "The locket. take it off!" I extended my hand. He took it off and handed to me. Some sort of relief washed over him.

"Better?" I asked.

"Loads." Harry said.

"It's cold. Even though it's been lying against your skin for days." I said as I shifted it in my hands.

"We'll take turns. Okay?" Hermione said.

---

For days it went on like this. We would eat, sleep, tent out, then walk to another location. It was important to keep moving. The tension between Newt and Harry only increased, and I didn't even know why. I just hoped it was the locket. No...I'm sure it was the locket.

It had now been days. And just when I thought it couldn't get worse...it did.

We were sitting once again around the tent. I was talking to Newt about our mission. He jsut grumbled along. "Oh my god..." Hermione suddenly gasped. Harry was the first to make his way to Hermione. I stayed on the couch with Newt.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute." Hermione said, putting up her hand.

"Maybe you could tell me now." Harry said.