Hogwarts Battle (Pt. 2)

Long chapter, buckle up loves!

Now it was just us once more. Hermione and Ron were talking about something when they joined us.

"Hermione and I have been thinking. It doesn't really matter if we find the Horcrux....Unless we can destroy it." Ron said.

"So, we were thinking...You destroyed Tom Riddle's Diary with a Basilisk fang, right? Well, we know where we might find one, don't we?" Hermione suggested. Everyone looked at the two of them. Harry pondered this, then nodded.

"Okay, you do that and Newt-"

"-You already know I'm going to be fighting on the front line." He smirked. I smiled at him.

"Great so that leaves Harry, Edmund, and I to find the diadem." I planned. Everyone nodded. We all broke apart and went our separate ways. "Where are we going?" I asked as we were blindly following Harry.

"Ravenclaw Common Room. Got to start somewhere." Harry answered. But that seemed too obvious. I stopped in my tracks.

"Harry, wait hold on just a second." I stopped him.

"We don't have second-"

"-Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem: 'There's not a person alive who's seen it.'" I said.

Harry just stared dumbly back, shrugging, "So?"

"So....It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to someone who's dead."

"You're brilliant, we need to talk to the Grey Lady, the ghost of the Ravenclaw House." Edmund agreed with me. "C'mon I think I know where she would be." We followed Edmund up a series of stairs and into a corridor. He was right, she was by the windowsill looking out to grounds.

"I-I think it's best that I go." I told both of them to stay as I approached her.

"You seek my mother's diadem." She said suddenly. I stopped, stunned. My mother's.... that must mean she was Helena Ravenclaw.

"Yes! That's right." I answered.

"I cannot help you." She abruptly said, beginning to drift away. Outside, I heard explosions which could only mean the war began. The room quaked. I was now desperate.

"Wait! Please!" I ran after her.

"Many have sought my mother's diadem. Its powers are legendary..." She mumbled.

"But I don't care about its powers! Honestly....I don't seek it for myself! You have to believe me!" I called out after her, but she continued to drift away. Helplessly, I watched as she faded into the distance, until I knew just the thing to stop her.

"I want to destroy it." I said. Just as I assumed, she stopped in her tracks, turning to me. I began walking to her slowly. "That's what you want, isn't it, Helena? You want it destroyed." I continued. She looked off into the distance.

"She thought I took it to hurt her. But I only wanted to be more like her, clever and wise. She wore it so beautifully, but on me... I grew to hate it... the pain I felt... the pain I feel even now..." She looked down at the floor.

"I'll end your pain, Helena. Tell me where it is and I'll destroy it, I swear-"

"-Another swore to destroy it, many years ago, a strange man with a strange name..."

"Tom Riddle-"

"-But he lied." She said bitterly.

"He's lied to many people-" Suddenly her eyes blazed with anger, her face contorted horrible and I couldn't help but step back.