Change

My break started yesterday so I couldn't post but enjoy brief eye contact with our King Edmund the Just...

Edmund was in the Hospital Wing and I planned to visit him soon. But today I was emotionally drained, so I decided to stay in Newt's room for the night. When I first laid down, he was there by my side, gently playing with my hair and holding me in his arms. I don't remember much of that moment, but I remember what he said..."Everything's going to change soon, I can feel it."

Once I awoke, Newt was no longer there. He was one of those "early-risers" who love the mornings. I was nowhere near, I didn't particularly like the mornings. I got out of the bed and decided I would first change into my clothes, and then visit Edmund in the Hospital Wing.

I grabbed a couple of cookies from the plate that the Hufflepuffs had in their common room, one that seemed to be enchanted to never be empty, and walked straight to my common room. I went upstairs, took a nice hot shower, and changed into my own clothes. I put Newt's clothes in trunk, he wasn't getting them back any time soon.

As I went downstairs, and planning to go out the door, I noticed Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting on the couch, deep in discussion. I hoped none of them would see me as I left, I really didn't want to talk about it.

"Oi Y/N!" Ron called back.

"Not right now, Ron." I huffed continuing.

"Y/N please..." Hermione said, making her way across the room to grip my hand. "You should hear this." She said. I rolled my eyes and hesitated.

"Fine. Make it quick." I sighed, letting her lead me back to the group. I sat down across Harry who wouldn't meet my eye.

"So, I went to Dumbledore about the memory-" Harry started.

"-Hold up." I interrupted. "Aren't you forgetting to say something, Harry?" I said.

"I-I guess I'm sorry. I shouldn't have suspected Edmund like that." He muttered.

"No Harry, everyone has a right to their opinion. I'm not mad that you suspected him, I'm mad that you used a random made-up spell from a weird book written by some unknown person. You don't know what that spell could've actually done! Do you have any idea who the half-blood prince even is? That spell could've killed him! I'm not mad that you thought Edmund did all those things, even though you had no evidence to support that, but firing random spells? That's plain stupid." I finished my rant.

He finally looked up to meet my eyes. "I am pretty stupid." He muttered. I smiled just a little. I was mad, but he was my brother, and Edmund was okay now.

"I recommend you throw away that book. Anyone who would urge people to use a spell like that is not good news." I said.

"Are we good now though?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, whatever, just tell me about what the memory was about." I said, urging him to change the discussion.

"Right so basically, this is hard to explain, but Voldemort has these horcruxes. Horcruxes are these objects in which he's placed parts of his soul. Usually, people split their soul in two parts, because you need to commit a vile act to do it, but Voldemort has split his in 6. Remember that diary that we destroyed in 2nd year? That was a horcrux. Dumbledore found another one over the summer, it was a ring, and he destroyed it as well-"

"-That leaves us to find 4 more." Hermione concluded.

"3 more." Harry corrected, now all eyes were on him. "Dumbledore says he's found another and... he needs my help in getting it. We're going to go tomorrow." Harry said.

"I'm coming with." I said.

"No, you can't, Dumbledore won't allow you too. Actually, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about this either. But you can't do anything about it. Just let me and Dumbledore handle this."

"Harry-"

"No, Hermione. No more discussion on this." Harry said standing up. Hermione looked between us.

"I have a feeling that everything's about to change soon." Hermione said quietly. Indeed, with that statement, the discussion was over. I got up as well.

"I'm going to visit Edmund." I announced, leaving the common room.

---

The Hospital Wing was almost empty when I got there. Edmund was easily spotted on one of the beds. I walked over to him, sitting on the bed. He stirred in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes. I gave him a small smile.

He shifted in a sitting position, returning my smile. "Why is it that most of our sweetest moments happen in the Hospital Wing?" He attempted to make a joke, but then winced a little at the pain.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Never better." He said, smirking.

"I'm serious Ed." I said, taking is hand into mine. I noticed deep cuts on it.

"What happened here?" I asked.

"Turns out when you fall in the bathroom where there's rubble on the floor, they can easily slice your skin." He said.

"I'm sorry about Harry." I said. I brought his hand up to mine and kissed the healing skin. "Better?" I asked.

"Yeah, much better...actually I think I have a cut on my lip, could you kiss that too?" He smirked.

"Edmund Pevensie, you could be on the verge of death and still manage to flirt with me." I said.

"So...is that a yes?" He asked. I rolled my eyes leaning forward, brushing my lips against his in a quick kiss. "It's a pretty deep cut, I think it's going to need a longer kiss." He explained, putting a hand behind my neck and pulling me to meet his lips again. I smiled a little into the kiss, enjoying the moment.

"Does this mean we're back together then?" Edmund parted, raising his eyebrow.

"Well-"

"Mr. Pevensie you have visitors." Madam Pomfrey called out. I pulled away from Edmund and looked back to see the visitors. It was Tewkesbury and Draco. They walked up to the bed.

"Doing okay, Ed?" Draco asked. Edmund nodded, a sudden seriousness in his face.

"You guys ready?" Tewkesbury asked. They all nodded solemnly.

"Wait, ready? Ready for what?" I was confused.

"You didn't tell her?" Draco looked between Edmund and Tewkesbury. "Neither of you?"

Tewkesbury and Edmund shook their head. Edmund looked at me guiltily.

"Didn't tell me what?" I asked, panic slowly finding its way in my blood. The clock chimed in the Wing. Draco huffed.

"Ugh, we don't have time, we need to do that final check on the Room of Requirement, Tewks c'mon." Draco ran out.

"Tomorrow, 8:00 pm, stick with Edmund and don't go anywhere." Tewkesbury hastily explained, following Draco out of the Wing. I turned back to Edmund.

"What's going on?" I asked again. I felt so confused. Madam Pomfrey tapped my shoulder gently.

"You need to leave now, Mr. Pevensie needs his rest." She said. I got up off the bed.

"I-I can't tell you right now but...just know that things are about to change." He called out as Madam Pomfrey drew the curtains around him. I walked back to the common room as confused as ever.

What was going to happen tomorrow?

What were the three of them up to?

What was Harry going to find?

But I couldn't deny what everyone had told me today.

There was a certain feeling inside me....

Things were about to change. (yeah no shit Y/N)