Xenophilius

Hey lovelies,

I know that I've been super inconsistent in posting and I'd like to apologize for that. I know a lot of you, including me, are invested in this story and infrequent updates are annoying. There's just a lot of stuff from school coming in. I am a junior and so this year is supposed to be the hardest. I was going to write two chapters this weekend, but I made one really long one. This will be my only post for the weekend. Starting Monday, I will hopefully get back on track with this book. As the war approaches, I'm getting excited! So thank you for understanding my position.

I love you all so much!!

---

Once again, this is more of a "plot filled" chapter because its essential for the story. Next chapter is gonna get interesting because...well you'll see....

After the excitement of destroying the horcrux, we had once again gone back to our monotonous ways. But somehow it was better with Edmund around. I didn't realize how much I missed him.

"We have to go see Lovegood." Hermione spoke up one morning.

"Sorry?" Harry asked.

"See this? It's a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald. Look at the signature. It's the mark again." Hermione showed all of us the book in which she found this. "It keeps cropping up. Here. In Beedle the Bard. In the graveyard in Godric's Hollow-what" Hermione stopped when she noticed Harry staring blankly at the book

"Jesus. It was there too. Outside Gregorovitch's wand shop, On the alley wall..." Harry said, remembering his visions.

"Harry, you don't have a clue where the next Horcrux is. And neither do I. But this, this means something. I'm sure of it. I think we ought to go and see Lovegood." And that was the end of the conversation. Once Hermione had made up her mind it was hard to convince her otherwise.

We planned to leave immediately, wasting no time. As I was packing things Edmund came to my side. "This doesn't seem like a good idea." He whispered.

"Why? I don't think Luna's dad is really capable of anything evil. And besides, it's probably holiday break, she'll be home." I reassured him. We apparated to their house, it was the only one in a large field.

We approached the door. Hermione rapped three times. Newt pointed to a sign: "Keep off the dirigible plums." and Ron chuckled at it. Just then, the door swung open and Xenophilius Lovegood appeared, barefoot, wearing a soiled nightshirt.

"What is it? Who are you? What do you want-" He paused as he saw Harry, his jaw going slack in shock.

"Hello, Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter. We met a few months back?" Harry introduced himself. Lovegood's eyes drifted to Harry's scar. "Would it be okay if we came in? It won't take long, sir. I promise.

Xenophilius ushered us inside. The interior of the house was just as chaotic as I had imagined it to be. Great tottering towers of Quibbler back-issues rose to the ceiling while an old-fashioned wooden printing press chugged away in the center of the room, spitting out new ones.

"So. What brings you here, Mr. Potter?" Xenophilius asked.

"Well, sir, we need some help." Harry said.

"Ah. Help. I see. Yes, well, the thing is, helping Harry Potter, rather dangerous these days..." Xenophilius muttered. We all exchanged glances.

"Aren't you the one who keeps telling everyone it's their first duty to help Harry?" I asked.

"I have expressed that view, yes. In the past. Would you excuse me one moment. I shall return shortly and, um, try to help you..." Lovegood dashed out of the room.