Escape

Did they forgive me? Was it a mistake? Is it a trap just to capture me? Why did they tell me? Would they wait? Do they still trust me? Was Newt with them? Was the message even meant for me?

All these questions ran through my mind the whole night. Maybe it was bait for me to go there and then they would capture me. Or maybe it was a chance at forgiveness. Maybe they understood that I couldn't possibly have done all that with my own heart, I was obviously forced. Despite my doubts, a feeling started to grow stronger in my stomach...

I had to escape this place.

---

As the curtains were drawn and the sun shone directly in my face, I turned over, burying my head further in my pillow.

"Y/N get up." I heard Edmund's voice. I didn't respond. "Y/N I've got good news."

"You killed Tom?" I mumbled. I heard him laugh.

"Even the morning can't take away your sarcasm. No, I didn't kill Tom, but I did talk to him." He said. That piqued my interest and I uncovered myself, slowly sitting up.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes.

"He agreed to let you roam freely around the house. You don't need to be locked up in here." Edmund beamed. I gave a little smile.

"That's great, can't wait to explore." I said, getting up to go take a shower.

"You don't sound happy." Edmund pointed.

"I'm very happy." I replied dryly, shutting the bathroom door. I am not happy. So, the day I decide to start my plan to escape, I can now freely roam the house? It would have been so much easier to plan if I was locked in my room. Nonetheless I would find a way out. I had to. And I only had a couple days to figure it out.

---

I would be lying if I said it the house wasn't nice. More like a manor, it was expansive. My favorite part was a little room on the side with a fireplace, a piano, and a comfy couch. But the manor had everything from a pool to a garden.

I went over to the dining room to have breakfast. The large table seemed much too formal. So, I grabbed a plate of waffles from the kitchen and strode over to the garden where there was a small table with four chairs. Edmund joined me and so did Draco and Tewkesbury.

As we talk about random things like the weather and Quidditch, the awkwardness between Tewkesbury and I started to disappear. I was glad we were going back to our old familiarity.

"Were you let out of your room today as well?" I asked Draco. He swallowed a piece of waffle.

"This is my house." He said. Oh, wow, okay, I thought in my head. But I just nodded. This moment was so normal. It looked like three teens having breakfast outside. It was at this time that I wondered what life was like for normal kids.

All they had to worry about was probably school and grades. That sounded really nice right about now. But then again, you want what you can't have. I bet muggles probably would want to come to Hogwarts badly.

I spent the rest of the morning walking around the garden, soaking in the sunlight, and contemplating. If Tom had let me roam the house now, surely, I could convince him to let me go outside. Then perhaps I could escape and go straight to the burrow.

But how would I get there. There weren't necessarily taxis. Or maybe I could use the Knight Bus. Or I guess I could just apparate- WAIT.

Couldn't I just apparate from here? My heart thumped at the possibility. Ok, I should try it. I'll try and apparate a few feet away. Although I had only apparated a few times, I was confident that I could do it.