The Match

I was pacing the courtyard, looking desperately for another idea. Clearly the cursed necklace didn't work. With Snape on our side, he would ensure that no one found out that it was me. But this all still felt wrong. I huffed, lost in my thoughts, still pacing the courtyard.

"Y/N." I heard someone call out, but I decided to ignore them. "Y/N." They repeated. "Y/N!"

"What?!" I said, annoyed. Edmund grinned.

"You know the Slughorn Christmas Party thingy that's coming up?" Edmund asked. It took me a second to stop thinking about my task and redirect my attention. The party had been the least of my problems.

"Yeah..." I answered.

"So, do you have a date?" He wiggled his eyebrows, coming closer.

"No..." I answered. He took the chance to wrap his arms around my waist touching his forehead to mine.

"Perfect. You can be mine." He smirked. I pushed myself away, as far as I could since he held tighter, pulling me closer to him.

"You can't just break up with me, involve me in a scheme with Tom, and then expect me to end up in your arms." I said.

"But you are in my arms." He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not going with you." I smiled, indicating the conversation was finished. His hands dropped and I stepped back.

"Then who will you go with, Cormac?" He called out as I started walking away.

"I'll find someone who's not a death eater." I called back. "And as far as I know, he's not a death eater." I added, just to make him a little jealous. I could feel him fuming behind me, but I kept my posture and walked off.

---Time Skip to the Day of the Match---

Today was Ron's first match. He looked absolutely terrible. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't drink, he looked like he wasn't even breathing. Everyone at the table was trying to calm him down, but nothing helped.

"Here, have some pumpkin juice, it's your favorite." Harry pushed the glass near him. Ron looked at it, slightly tempted. "Oh wait." Harry mumbled, bringing the glass near him. He covered the top of the glass and with his other hand poured something in.

He tried to hide what he was doing, but did it poorly because both Hermione, Ron, and I saw the flash of the little vial. We all three realized it was Felix Felicis at the same time. Ron eagerly took the glass and chugged it down.

"Harry! That's cheating!" I exclaimed.

"And confunding people trying out for Quidditch isn't?" Harry whispered. "Oh yeah, I knew it was you who did that to Cormac." He smiled smugly. Ron was now looking brighter than he had in days. I still thought it unfair.

Nonetheless, I found myself walking with the cheering crowd down to the icy pitch. The game was a tight one. It was honestly pretty even, neck and neck tied. That is until Ron started to get in the grooves.

He blocked shots in a way that no one else could have. He confidently flew right and left, and even hung on by the handle of his broom to save a shot. No one cheered louder than the Gryffindors when they won.

Back at the common room, there was a whole party going on. A wave of people and confetti crowded the tiny space. In the middle, standing on a table, Ron was being cheered on. He put both his arms in the air, raising a Gryffindor flag. The crowd got even louder.

I smiled and clapped along. I watched as Lavender bravely stood up on the table. Ron's back was to her. She tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned around. She grabbed his collar and pulled his lips into hers. Although hesitant at first, Ron wrapped his arms around her and returned the passionate kiss.

I felt Hermione shift from beside me. She left without a word. I wanted to follow but Harry put his hand up. "I've got this." He smiled reassuringly, heading off after Hermione. I looked back at the scene; they were still kissing.

I looked down at the drink in my hand, watching it slosh around in the cup.

"Huh, that's interesting, always thought it would be Granger." A voice said beside me. I looked up to see Edmund looking over at Ron and Lavender.

"How did you get in here?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Magic." He gave me a grin.

"Came to see Slytherin's defeat rubbed in your face?" I asked, taking a sip of the liquid.

"I did come to see someone." He answered.

"Look, Ed, it's going to take some time for me to be comfortable with you again. I need my distance, and you need to respect that." I told him.

"Okay...but what if I persuade you?" He asked.

"Ed, please, that's unlikely." I said.

"Is it?" He whispered. His hand found its way on my waist. It was a normal gesture, but it instantly brought me butterflies. I took another sip from my cup, pretending not to be bothered or changed.

But actually, I could feel him playing with the hem of my shirt, twisting it, tugging at it. Until he pulled it up ever so slightly and I felt his fingers on my skin. I gasped, the tiniest gasp, but he caught it instantly.

"You were saying?" He smirked. Although we had made out a couple (more than a couple) of times, we had never touched each other with skin on skin. But this feeling was electrifying.

The celebration started to wind down.

"Ed you need to leave before they notice you here." I stepped away from his touch and walked to the door.

"Fine..." He rolled his eyes. "I'll see you at the Christmas Party, let's see...I'll pick you up at 7:00?" He added.

"Nice try, I'm still not going with you." I smiled.

"But-" I interrupted him by closing the door. But the question still remained. Who should I go to the Party with?