staring contest. (21)

"skeppy!"

there he was. finally, skeppy met him.

"bad!"

darryl placed down rat's cage and walked towards skeppy, opening his arms for an incoming hug.

seeing the open-armed friend infront of him, skeppy felt no awkwardness at all.

he rushed into the hug, embracing his friend.

"i can't believe i'm actually meeting you muffin." darryl mumbled, making skeppy giggle.

sadly, bad broke the hug, removing his arms from zak's shoulders. of course zak didn't want the hug to end.

darryl went to sapnap, shaking his hands. "and you muffin must be sapnap!"

sapnap also chuckled at the friendly fellow. "yeah, call me nick."

"so i haven't really got a ticket yet, i'm just taking one now." darryl said, clasping his hands together.

"what a coincidence! so did we!" nick said, sparking an idea in skeppy's head.

"then what if we buy first-class tickets to the UK?"

"what?" sapnap asked, to be followed by darryl.

"i don't have enough money on me to buy first-class, you muffinhead!"

skeppy scoffed, doing that pose when an anime guy with glasses would do, which is placing his hands where the glasses is supposed to be and the glasses shine.

"oh ho ho, but you see friends, i coincidentally have some extra on me. i can buy three tickets!"

nick scoffed while bad was just silent. "wait, you're serious?" asked sapnap.

"of course! c'mon, we're gonna be late to the next flight."

darryl agreed, saying "fine. when we get in the airplane, we need to come up with a plan, okay? sleep later, we have 9 hours."

* few minutes later.

they managed to buy first-class tickets and got in the plane in the right time.

they sat beside eachother, each with their own comfy chair.

"passengers, please get ready for takeoff. please turn off your phones or any gadgets for the meantime until we're in the air."

nick and skeppy turned on their phone's airplane mode on but not bad.

(walkway - bad, skeppy, sap - window)

the plane started moving forward.

bad was extremely claustrophobic. he didn't like small spaces, including small places which are literally in the air.

sweat dripped down the side of his face, in which skeppy noticed.

sapnap had his earphones on, meaning they could finally talk without any peepers.

"dude, you okay?" asked skeppy, concerned for his friend.

"y-yeah, just a little scared." bad answered, gripping the arm-rest.

the plane started to move upward, and seconds later they were already in the air. darryl forcibly shuts his eyes.

skeppy concerned about darryl, and without any thoughts, he put his hand over bad's.

bad was shocked with the sudden warmth ontop of his hands and so, he opened his eyes.

he immediately flushed, looking at zak.

darryl felt warmth inside of him. butterflies, fireworks, whatever you call it.

the two of them stared into each other's eyes, both with red faces.

they didn't know what to do, nor what they felt.

several minutes passed until a very much sleepy sapnap whispered to them, "hey, what are y'all doing?"

this broke the two's gaze and they went tomato red. in reply to nick, darryl said "it was nothing!!" while skeppy, "nothing!! you have nothing to worry about my friend!!"

sapnap of course thought they were extremely weird. "what the fuck- i'm just gonna go back to sleep. still 8 hours left." sapnap put his headphones back on.

after his friend's remarks, skeppy looked at darryl and said, "what it's already been an hour?"

in which darryl chuckled, "huh, i never noticed.."

both chuckled, their eyes shimmering.

darryl lost his fear of planes,
skeppy held his hand,
both of them finally met.

"and to think that this all started because of a code. life is really full of surprises." darryl mumbled to himself as he gazed at the two of his new friends, suddenly fast asleep.

"goodnight, you muffinheads." he chuckled, eventually also closing his eyes.

edited.