Chapter 15: Calm Before the Storm

Delta and the others have been sailing for some time heading to where the merchant fleet would be located.

Since Tirpitz was the designated flagship, she was in the middle of the formation. Along with Delta and Enty currently on her bridge surveying the nearby area.

Meanwhile...

Kaga was aboard her sister's ship fuming about something.

Kaga: Nee-sama, why didn't shikikan-sama choose me as the flagship?!

Akagi: I don't know, we can only trust darling with her choices.

Kaga ignored her sister's comment as she was burning holes at the back of the head of a certain white-haired battleship.

Kaga: Curse that Enterprise wannabe. . .

Somewhere. . .

???: Achoo!

??? #2: Comrade Rossiya, are you ok?

Sov. Rossiya: Da, something fell on my nose. Nothing to worry about, comrade.

Back with Kaga and Akagi. . .

Akagi could only sigh at how her sister is acting.

Akagi: She's acting like when she was still a battleship. How adorable, fufufu~

With Delta and Enty. . .

Delta was on the bridge holding a pair of binoculars.

Enty: What do you see?

Delta: Well, I only see open water in front of me. It might take a few more hours before we see a sign of the merchant fleet.

Enty: Should I send any recon drones?

Delta: No, this mission is the perfect opportunity to test how strong the girls of different factions would work together.

Enty: Now that you mention it. There are 2 ships each from Ironblood and the Sakura Empire in this fleet while only 1 each from the Eagle Union and Royal Navy. Wouldn't it have been better to get girls from 1 faction? You know so they'll be more accustomed to fighting with each other.

Delta: Maybe, but thats the purpose of this test. If they can put aside their differences and work together as one unit, there shouldn't be a problem.

Enty: And if they don't?

Delta: We'll pick up the slack. Hopefully, we don't have to intervene.

Enty: I hope this test of yours work.

Delta: I'll probably send Cleveland and Swiftsure ahead, so they can survey the area and maybe spot the fleet.

Delta (Radio): Swiftsure, Cleveland, break formation and advance further ahead. See if you guys can get a lead on where the fleet is currently at.

Cleveland/Swiftsure (Radio): Roger!/Understood.

Cleveland and Swiftsure's ships turned into thousands of blue cubes before reappearing as their riggings as the two skated ahead of the main fleet.

Eugen (Radio): Ara~, shikikan-sama, why didn't you send me with them?

Delta (Radio): The merchant ship came from the mainland of the Eagle Union. They might see you as a threat as the alliance is still new and not all people have heard about it. Plus. . .you might be a little slow, being a heavy cruiser and all.

Eugen (Radio): *tick mark* Ara~, are you calling me fat?

Delta (Radio): Not at all, others would only dream of having a body such as yours. I'm only ensuring myself by selecting the ships designated for scouting. Usually, I'd send in destroyers but seeing we don't currently have any, the light cruisers were the second-best option I had. So I mean no offense to your weight whatsoever.