Chapter 29

Trigger warning: Self harm

"Gabriella, go say goodbye to our guests

"Gabriella, go say goodbye to our guests." My father whisper shouts.

I look between him and Denver, not sure what to do. I don't him to be beaten to a pulp by the time I come back.

"B-But-"

"Gabriella," He says in a warning tone. I sigh and hurry down the stairs. I stand with my mom and siblings as Matteo and Chiara walk through the doors. It is pulled shut allowing for my brothers shoulders to finally slump.

"Fucking hate wearing suits," Christian exclaims. They go to their rooms while untying their ties.

A short while later, Denver returns to my side. He doesn't seem to have any bruises so that's a good sign. "Do you still think we should tell them?" I ask.

He nods. "I just want to get this over with then get the fuck out of here," He grumbles.

My father joins my mother on the couch with a stressed look on his face.

"Mama, dad, Denver and I have something to tell you."

We travel to the couch across from them. I bring Denver's hand to my lap and play with his rings. My parents gape at us.

"It's not something bad is it?" Mama questions.

I quickly shake my head. "N-No it's something good. Well in my opinion, but i-it could be something good for you guys t-too if you choose to view it that way." I ramble.

"Okay so what is it?" Father says.

"Gabriella wishes to return back to London with me." Denver blurts. "She expressed that New York holds a lot of bad memories and trauma that she wants to move on from. Of course, she will come back on holidays and special occasions. It is not my intention to keep her away from her family." Denver states with finality.

They both blink slowly as if their brains cannot process the words. I decide to add on to Denver's statement before they respond.

"I really just want a fresh start. Other then you guys I don't have much for me here, I have never really liked the city and y-you know that. I used to complain all the time about it as a child. P-Plus, this will give me a chance to be somewhat independent."

They still don't respond.

"And I know I did this before with
J-Jared-"

"I don't want to hear that man's name," my mother chirps. I nod.

"I know I did something similar to this in the past but this is different. I want to experience new things and meet new people, a-and I can't do that here. So please support my decision."

My mother frowns. "How do you know you'll like it? London could be even worse for all you know."

I look towards Denver for help. If I were to lie, she would see right through me.