Chapter 16

I lift the glass to down my ninth glass of whiskey for the night

I lift the glass to down my ninth glass of whiskey for the night. The ice cold beverage slides down my throat effortlessly, like it doesn't have the energy to react to the bitter taste.

I promised myself I wouldn't go down this path again yet I find myself here, doing exactly what I vowed that I wouldn't do.

When Gabriella is away from me I loose all my senses, I can't do anything but drown myself in alcohol. I even avoid going home because walking through those doors and not having her petite body rush towards me is pure torture. I don't know how I survived without her.

"You alright?" A girl with fiery red hair asks before taking the stool next me. I lift my head and look into her brown eyes.

"No," I reply. Her face seems somewhat familiar but I can't put my finger on where I've seen her.

"I found out my wife has been cheating on me for months and I was an asshole to the person who told me about it," she says before taking a swing of her beer.

I'm confused on why she is telling me her life story but I'm too drunk to argue.

"You should apologize," I state. "To your friend."

"I know." She mumbles. "Why are you here?"

"My girlfriend left. Well she's not even my girlfriend because I'm too pussy to make it official." I slur.

"Why'd she leave?" She also slurs. Although she seems much more sober  then I am.

"Her shit parents. They found out about my drinking problem and forced her away from me." I ramble while recalling the events that took place a mere hour ago.

-

An hour prior

"Shit stand up tiny!" I state frantically.

She immediately gets up from her knees and plays with her fingers as I go to open the door.

As soon as I turn the knob her father storms inside the house while her mother trails behind him timidly. Similar to Gabriella they both have very short frames.

"What the hell are you wearing Gabriella?" Her father shouts with disgust.

I noticed her shoulder slump and her body become small when she hears the tone behind his words. I know he  just completely shattered her confidence.

"W-What are you doing here?" Gabriella asks.

"We decided to come home early to surprise you yet when we enter the house we're informed about everything you've done since we left." Arturo exclaims. "I don't even recognize you anymore."