Chapter 33

"What do you love about yourself?" Dr

"What do you love about yourself?" Dr. Philip asks.

Denver and I are currently at my first therapy session. To say I was against the idea is an understatement, I was angry that he thought there was something wrong with me but after explaining his reasoning I began to realize that he is right.

I have held this trauma inside for too long and it is time to fully let go.

I refocus on his question. What I love about myself? This seems like a easy answer but I'm drawing a blank. What do I like about myself?

"Umm, my s-style...I guess." I glance down at my beige skirt and brown top that contrats against my blonde hair.

"That's great

"That's great. How about a personality or physical trait?" He says.

Denver encourages me by squeezing our interlocked hands.

I don't like anything about my personality, I am often told that I'm immature and childish so that's definitely not something I love. Physical trait? I despise my height and loathe everything about my body.

"My...green eyes?"

He nods and scribbles in his little notebook. I look up at Denver and smile softly, his eyes hold a somber gleam that I can't help but sigh at.

"Now I have been told that you were diagnosed with dependent personality disorder at a young age, how does that affect your everyday life?"

"U-Um well it doesn't affect me m-much." I lie.

Dr.Philip sighs and closes his notebook. "Ms.Regio this is only going to work if you cooperate with my questions. I need you to dig deep into yourself and answer truthfully. Maybe being one on one would be easier." He glances at Denver with a unpleased look.

"N-No Denver has to s-stay." I exclaim.

"Then from this point on, you must be honest."