Chapter 13

It's been one week since I went to lunch with Tristan and it's been six days since Denver brought me back home

I tried to reassure that I truly forgive him but it was like my words went in one ear and out the other. Nothing I said could have changed his mind therefor I am sitting in my room, miserable, praying for Denver to magically appear next to me.

My alarm suddenly rings bringing me back to reality, it's time to take my pills. My anxiety has been at an all time high. For the past six days my heart has been beating rapidity and my body is in a constant state of worry. Is he safe? Is he happy? I have all these questions yet no way to get answers. Every time I attempt to call him it goes straight to voicemail. It hurts when I hear the artificial animated voice but I still find myself hoping today will be the day he finally picks up the phone.

I reach for the pill bottle and stuff two capsules into my mouth. After taking a big gulp of water I feel the unpleasant sensation of the medicine sliding down my throat. I am only surviving because of these awful pills and surprisingly Tristan.

He has helped me through everything. On the first couple days when I struggled to eat, he went out and bought me my favorite smoothie. When I had trouble sleeping he would tuck me in and stay by my side until I fell asleep. And when I cried and sobbed all throughout the night he would wipe my tears and make sure I was hydrated. He has been perfect and I'm thankful for having him in my life.

Today though, has been the best out of the six days. I dressed myself decently and had a good amount of sleep. I still feel so incomplete without Denver but maybe if I try to forget about him it won't affect me as much.

A knock on my door catches my attention. A worried looking Christian stands by my door. We surprisingly have been getting along, we had our first full conversation without fighting yesterday. I guess that's one good thing that has come out of this.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Better," I mumbled.

"Have you taken you medicine?" I nod.

"Don't lie Gabriella it's very important that you take-"

"I'm not lying," I grumble.

"Well you're due for a refill soon so let me know when you're low on them."

"Do I have to keep taking them? They make me feel weird and not like myself," I argue.

It's the truth, they always make me feel so tired and I get these terrible headaches, that's why I always avoid taking the medication.

"I know but they prevent your panic attacks. Once you start feeling better we can ask Dr. Black to lower the dosage, okay?"

I mutter a small 'okay' and snuggle into my pillow. "Can you ask Oscar to come up here?" I spoke. Christian nods his head and exits the room.