Chapter 21

The smell of sweat and alcoholic beverages invades my nose

Elaine is firmly gripping my hand while we walk inside. "Do not leave my side. Even if you have to use the bathroom I'm coming with you, okay?" She states strictly.

I nod and continue looking around the dark building. There are a lot of beautiful girls dancing and men behind them holding onto their waists. I see a couple in the back corner aggressively making out. I quickly look away with a deep blush.

We arrive at the bar and we both sit on the stools. On my right is Elaine, but on my left is a young man. He has long blonde hair and black glasses that make him seem very smart.

I pay attention to Elaine before he notices me staring. "What do you want to drink?" She asks.

"L-Lemonade please." I stutter. I fiddle with my fingers embarrassed, I hate my stutter.

The bartender nods and looks at Elaine for her order. "Shirley temple," She says with a smile. A short while later he hands us our drinks. "Have you ever been to something like this?"

I shake my head."This is my first party where there aren't a bunch of toddlers everywhere." I state with a small giggle. I can suddenly feel the eyes of the man next to me on me.

"Well Im glad you're here with me, once we finish our drinks we are going to find ourselves a dancing partner."

"I can't dance, but I'll happily watch you," I exclaim.

"Nope, now look around."

I look at my surroundings and see a lot of young men, most of them are intoxicated. Everyone here seems so intimidating. They are all mature looking while I am the exact opposite.

I play with my fingers suddenly feeling very insecure. I wish Denver were here.

Elaine huffs and grabs my hand. She drags me to the dance floor where many sweaty bodies are swaying to the music, which seems even louder then before. I can hardly hear myself think.

She begins dancing around me trying to get me to move along with her. She runs her hands through her hair seductively and I can't help but be amazed by her beauty, she doesn't even have to try. I decide to move a little so she doesn't get annoyed of me.

After a couple minutes, my favorite song starts to play. I squeal happily which makes Elaine smile. My body dances freely and I suddenly don't care about anyone's judgment anymore.

A group of girls come near us making me halt my actions. "You both look amazing!" A redhead compliments. I smile and compliment her back, I think I like going to parties.