Chapter 8

It is currently the next day and I'm sitting in the living room watching Aladdin

It is currently the next day and I'm sitting in the living room watching Aladdin. This whole day has been filled with awkward tension and glares between Denver and my brothers.

Fortunately for them Denver and Oscar had to go to work for a while so the tension has died down. It really bothers me that they don't get along but I don't know how to fix it. I sighed and refocused on the movie.

A few minutes later Franco walked in and sat down beside me. I immediately gave him the cold shoulder and scooted away from him. Even though he didn't have a big part in yesterday's events I was still mad at all of them.

"Hey baby sister." He chirped but I ignored him.

"Look Gabriella what you said yesterday had been bothering me. I don't want you to feel like i'm against you" He confessed. I started to felt bad once he said that but I didn't let that show.

"I want you to know that your not alone through this and you can always talk to me," Franco stated. I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. I reluctantly scooted closer to him and rested my head on his chest. I was aiming for his shoulder but to no ones surprise I am too short.

"Why doesn't Christian talk to me anymore?" I said in a small voice. Ever since i've been here all he's done is avoid me or yell at me.

"He just angry that he couldn't save you. You know we are all very protective of you and he just has a bad way of handling his anger."

"But i'm fine now, basically all the bruises have faded." I reasoned.

"Verbal abuse doesn't show on your skin Gabriella. Even if the bruises are gone his words can still affect you for a long time." Franco advised.

"I know but Denver's been helping me with those type of things. He always says i'm beautiful and he makes me smile a lot too."

"Does he now?" Franco said narrowing his eyes.

"Franco stopp," I whined.

"Fine I won't get into that now but don't think I approve of what's going on." I huffed and crossed my arms, going back to ignoring him.

"I have a surprise for you," he said excitedly.

My head snapped towards him quickly and I bounced in my seat slightly. "Surprise?" I questioned.

"Yup and it's coming in a little while."

I swung my legs back and forth unable to handle my excitement. I absolutely love surprises!

"La mia piccola can you come in here!" My father yelled from his office.

I looked at Franco for an explanation but he just shrugged his shoulders, I hesitantly got up and made my way to him. Upon entering I closed the door and stood in front of his desk while playing with my fingers.