Chapter 14- "why did you do it?"

The music starts playing again and I just sit there. I'm still mad at Jonathan, but I need to talk to him about this. I need to help him, to make him stop doing this. Jim and Harvey start discussing what they'll do. How to figure out who the Scarecrow is and so forth. I take my phone out of my pocket and debate whether or not I should text him, telling him to meet me. My mind goes back and forth and before I know it, we're outside of my apartment. I figure there's no point now, so I don't text him.

I grab the bag with my snacks in it. "Thank you." I smile at them.

"No problem." Harvey says.

"No worries, stay safe, okay?" Jim says, giving me a look that really shows that he cares about me.

"I'll try." I say and walk out of the car, closing the door behind me.

I turn around and look up at the apartment complex. Standing right bellow it really makes it look as though it'll fall on top of me sooner or later, it'll collapse in a matter of time. I get inside and walk up the stairs to my apartment. I take my keys and open up the door slowly. I get in and quietly close my door in case any of the children who live here are sleeping, they're very tired children. As soon as the door is closed, the shoes are off and so is the jacket. The TV is on and I know for a fact that it wasn't when I left this morning. I walk into my living room with the bag and there's a person in the corner of my room, I can see half of their face and body because of the TV.

"Did you like my little stunt?" he smirks at me, or at least tries to, he looks quite sad.

"Get out." I say, despite the sad look on his face, and look him dead in the eyes.

He starts walking towards me. He looks me up and down, his face looking as though he regrets something. I cross my arms as he continues to walk towards me. He stops right in front of me and he wraps one of his arms around my waist, the other one makes its way up to my face before it puts a strand of hair behind my ears and lands on my cheek. I want to get out of his grasp, but at the same time, I don't want to, he just looks too sad.

"I'm sorry." he says, taking the hand from my cheek and moving it to my waist so that I'm completely in his arms.

I push myself out of his grasp and look him dead in the eyes.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"Why did I do what?" he crosses his arms.

"Kill those two people." I state.

He puts his arms down and looks at me. "(Y/N)-"

"Unless you're going to tell me why you did it, don't say my name." I hiss.

"I-" he starts. "I did it to defend you. I didn't mean to kill them. They were talking shit about you and I started defending you. They started getting violent and I had to fight back or else I would've gotten really hurt. It was self defence." he states. "I didn't want to get caught by police so I put the Scarecrow symbol on the bodies since no one knows who's under the mask."

"No one except me, and I'm a cop." I cross my arms. "What if I don't believe you? Huh?" I ask him.

"You don't have  to believe me. Just don't tell your cop friends, please. I am your oldest friend and your boyfriend." he states.

"Oh, we're putting a lable on it!?" I ask.

"I thought that I was, I'm sorry." he says and looks down.

He looks extremely sad and I feel so bad. I walk closer to him and grab his chin. I make him look up and I give him a quick kiss. I let go of his chin and hug him.

"No, I'm sorry. If I'm honest, I've waited for the moment I can call you my boyfriend." I say.

Johnny doesn't say anything, but he squeezes me a bit after I said that. Suddenly, my feet aren't on the floor anymore. Johnny is carrying me around, I don't know to where. My feet are in the air for another minute or so before he lays down on the couch, putting me on top of him. We look at each other for a few seconds before I lean in and kiss him. His arms wrap tighter around me as we continue to kiss. 

I feel something. I'm not sure what it is, it feels as some sort of need; I need something. I think I know what I need, but I'm not sure. I think he feels it too, but I'm still scared. If it is what I think it is, then I hope that he feels it too and that he can make the first move. We pull away from the kiss and he goes:

"Want to watch anything?" he asks, I nod and get off of him. "No, no, no, where are you going?" he asks and pulls me back by the waist. 

He gives me a long kiss before I get back up again and start fixing a movie. I throw the grocery bag with snacks in it. It lands on Johnny's stomach and he almost catches it. I walk away to the DVDs on one of my shelves.

"The Godfather, American Psycho or..." I stall trying to find the last DVD. "Cabaret?"

"Cabaret. Cabaret is a good choice."

I walk over to the kitchen.

"Are there any drinks in the bag?" I yell over to the living room.

"No. No drinks in here!" I get as a responce.

I grab two cold soda cans from the back of the fridge and bring them over to the living room. When I arrive, Johnny has gotten up and is now sitting instead of laying. I put the DVD in the DVD player and start the movie. Cabaret is and old movie, but still great. 

We open the bags of snacks and crack open the soda cans. I sit down next to him and decide to lean in to him. He puts his arm around me and his hold is slighty tight, tight enough to make me feel safe. 

We're about half way through the movie when I look at him and feel that need once more. I think I know what I need.

--------------------

Word count: 1114 words

AN: I'm sorry for not updating in a while, but it's been a lot going on right now. Schools over in about 3 weeks so I'll probably update more during the summer holidays. I've also had a problem with what to write so I'm glad that I got a chapter out!

Also, thank you all for reading this story, I started it because I think writing is fun, but I didn't think that people would actually enjoy it and read it, so thank you. And thank you for 2k+ reads!:) I appreciate you guys so much!<3