Chapter 3- the elevator part two

Jim's POV

Ed, (Y/N) and I are in her car. We had just explained everything that we now about Scarecrow and our plan.

"I want everyone to listen up, Jim, Eddie and I our going in. We want you to make a perimeter so that the Scarecrow can't escape. Got it?" (Y/N) says loudly so that everyone hears. She turns to me. "A few cops are on their way up the stairs." She tells me. I nod and we go in.

We all walked in to the elevator and pressed the button for the fifth floor. When we were on the third floor the elevator got stuck.

"Sssshhhhhit!" (Y/N) hiss. "Why now?!"

I called Harvey to say that they needed more cops to get in the building because we were stuck.

"Harvey! I swear, we're stuck here. Yes, the elevator just broke down." I say. "I'm annoyed already I don't need to get more annoyed, you know what'll happen if I get more annoyed!" I end the call and she immediately puts her hand on my shoulder. I turn my head quickly to her hand then to her.

"Breathe, dude, just breathe." she says and I smiles at her, she smiles back.

"One day, the police found a man dead inside a hut. In his left hand, he's holding a gun. In his right hand, he has a recording. When the recording is played, the police hear the man talking about how horrible life is and how he wants it to end. The recording ends with a gunshot. The police are about to call it a suicide until you point out a very important clue. What is it?" Ed says. He definitely panicking. That's something he does when he is stressed, nervous or panicking, he tells riddles, but he does do it when he's okay too but not the way he did it now. That's just his thing, riddles.

"If it was a suicide, the man wouldn't've been able to stop the recording and put it in his own hand." (Y/N) answers.

"Correct!" he says. Ed looks nervous and a little scared. She turns to him, he looks away.

"Eddie, you good?" She asks. He nods and she asks again. "Eddie, are you actually okay?" he turns around and hugs her, I think she hugged him back. "It'll be okay, Eddie, it'll be okay." she reassures him.

There's fighting noise above us so I guess the other cops are there. After a few seconds there's this thud on top of the elevator. A little door in the ceiling gets opened and it's Scarecrow. He looks at us, almost hesitantly, deciding if he should go in the elevator or not. Ed seems scared, (Y/N) looks at Ed and I stand there, showing that I'm ready to fight Scarecrow. He jumps down into the elevator and we start to fight. After a minute or so he sprays me with something, I'm not sure what but the he sprays Ed too. He takes (Y/N) by the wrist and drags her after him.

I don't know what he sprayed me and Ed with but I'm sure it's not good. It feels weird and I'm starting to see things, things that I don't want to see, things that scare me. I hear Ed scream and I think he sees the same things as me.

"Hello?" I yell not getting a response. "Hello?!" nothing. "HELLO?!"

"Would you stop yelling? Please." Ed says sounding really scared.

"Sorry, Ed." I say, no one seems to hear us.

After a while, we got down, (Y/N) was the one that got us down and I can say that I was definitely glad, I don't want to be stuck there ever again.

"Here, have some water, you might need it." She says, giving both Ed and I a papercup of water each. "Might not be the fanciest but hey, it's at least water." both Ed and I chuckle and I can tell that made her a little proud of herself.

I pour some water on my face and it ends up getting in my eye a little, the strange feeling from whatever Scarecrow sprayed me with was gone. (Y/N) looks at me amused.

"Eddie, can you pour some water on your face?" she asks.

"Why?" he looks really confused.

"It helped!" I burst out.

Ed did it and then looked at her, his eyes go back and forth between me and her.

"Yeah it worked, it worked!" he says.

(Y/N)'s POV

We are now back at the station, Jim and Eddie are good. Jim and I tried to understand Scarecrow, I could just ask him myself knowing who he is and all. Why is Johnny doing this? Why would he want to do this? He's always been such a nice and fun guy and now this.

"So, Jim, you're telling me that whatever Scarecrow sprayed with made you see your worst fears?" I ask confused. He nods. "And what exactly is the James Gordon scared of, you don't seem like the type to be scared of things."

"Everyone is scared of something." he says. I nod and we get back to work.

It's around 5:00pm and Jim just went home for the day. I still have some work left and my shift ends in about an hour. Eddie also ends his shift in about an hour, even though he doesn't have anything else to do here at the GCPD for today. I hear someone coming up to my desk, I look up and it's Eddie.

"Hey, Eddie!" I say cheerfully.

"Hey, Detective (Y/LN)." he says, smiling.

"Just call me (Y/N)." I say.

"(Y/N)..." he says looking as if he's deciding whether or not he should say something. "Uhm, well, I would like to ask you... Uhm..."

"Yes, Eddie, what is it?" I ask still smiling. He's goofy, I like it.

"Uhm... Well... What can't you have for breakfast nor lunch?" he says looking embarrassed. "You know what, forget it." he says and starts walking away.

"Dinner." I say. He turns around and looks at me. "Dinner. You're asking me if I want to have dinner with you?"

"Perhaps." he says looking hopefull.

"Yes, I'd like that, I'd like that alot actually." I say cheerfully.

"Okay, great, then I'll pick you up at 4:30pm tomorrow! Your shift ends at 2:00pm tomorrow, right?" he says very quickly. I laugh at him, I nod with a big smile on my face. "Great! Have a great night, Detecti..." he shakes his head rapidly then says: "(Y/N), sorry." I laugh and then he gets going.

"You too." I almost whisper to myself when he had left.

----------------------------------------------
Word count: 1127 words