Chapter 1- a normal day in Gotham

(Y/N)'s POV

Here we go again.
I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarmclock. I searched for it in the dark with my hand. Aaaaand, there it is. I sit up and turn on the lamp on my bedside table. I look around, yawning and stretching. I quickly go to my closet to but on some clothes because I was basically naked. I put on a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants then went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I was checking the pantry until my phone rang.

"Detective (Y/LN)." I answer, not checking who it was.

"Hey, (Y/N), we need you at the station as soon as possible." I hear the voice of James Gordon say.

"Sure thing, Jimbo!" I say, I hear him chuckle on the other line before ending the call.

I rush to my bedroom and put on my normal work outfit. I run to the kitchen to make a sandwich that I can eat on the way. I run to the hall, put on my shoes, get my jacket and my keys and then head for my car.

I blast Panic! At The Disco on the way to work. I still haven't had my coffee so I'm really tired. I text Gordon and tell him that I'll be there any minute.

I arrive at the GCPD and Gordon comes up to me as soon as he saw me.

"(Y/N)! Thank god that you came, we got a new case and you know I don't work well without my partner." he says while bumping my shoulder.

"Can you get me a coffee?" I ask randomly.

"No 'Hi, Jim, how are you?' or 'Good to see you again!', no? Fine, wait here" I smile and nod.
He comes back a few minutes later with my coffee.

"Two sugars, two milks, as usual." he says while handing me the coffee.

"Thank you, Jim, you really are a life savior!" I say. He smiles and then we get to work.

"So, this Scarecrow guy..." I say before getting interrupted by Jim.

"Or girl." he adds.

"This Scarecrow person, what do they want? What are they after?" I ask.

"I don't know." he says. "Every criminal in this town wants the same thing, money or power."

"Let's find out which one this one wants." I say with a smirk on my face.

I start walking around asking other cops that work with us if they've got any information on possible whereabouts but they didn't. Suddenly I hear Jim behind me.

"Don't you have an appointment with Dr. Crane today?" he ask.

"Sshhhit!" I half whisper to myself. I run to my desk and check my schedule. I have an "appointment" (it's actually just to catch up but I had to say that it was an appointment to make them let me go) with Crane at 1:00pm and it's currently 12:45pm.

"Uhm okay, Jim, can you take care of this?" he nods and I continue. "Okay, thanks. I need to go now if I wanna get there in time." I wave goodbye to Jim and get to the parking lot.

I start the car and drive as quick as I can to the narrows. There's a park there that me and Jonathan used to spend all our childhood days together. I see Jonathan, I walk up to him and  hug him.

"Hello, Detective (Y/LN)." he says.

"Hello, Dr. Jonathan Crane." I respond.

We laugh and start walking.

"It's been some time since last time we met. Maybe like a year or two" he states.

"Yup, it's been a while. How are things?" I ask

"Good, all good. Just alot of work you know, being a psychologist and therapist you know." he answers. "And what you?"

"Oh yeah, a lot of work but I'm good, just got a new case." I say.

"May I ask what it's about?" he questions.

"Sure, so there's this new criminal in town called 'Scarecrow', we don't know that much yet but we'll get there." I say.

"Oh okay. This town just gets more and more dangerous by the second." he says.

"It does, it really does." I respond.

Me and Jonathan have been talking for some time and sadly we need to leave soon.

"I should probably get going before they get suspicious." I state.

"Yeah do that." he chuckles. "It was nice to see you again, (Y/N), let's meet again and let's not choose a date that's too far away, please." he says.

"Nah, we'll meet really soon again, I promise" I say. "See you soon, Johnny."

"See you soon, (Y/N)."

I arrive at the GCPD a few minutes afterwards. I walk in, go to my desk and put my stuff down on the desk.

"(Y/N)! You're finally back, great!" Jim says.

"Finally? I haven't been gone for that long, Jim." I giggle a little after I say that.

"Well, it feels like it's been some time. Sooo, how did it go?" he asks. I look at him with a confused expression. "You know, the "appointment"." he says.

I forgot that I told him that it wasn't an appointment but I knew he'd keep it between us.

"Uhm, it went well, I mean, it's been a while since last time but he hasn't changed, appearance wise anyways." I say. "Enough about Crane and I, we need to get back on the case." I state and start walking towards my desk. Jim nods and we get to work.

------------------------------------------
Word count: 926 words